indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Our Bronco will be available to pick up from 4wp tomorrow. Should have been finished today but they also ran into troublesome bolts and had to order replacements to put the Bronco back together, their issue was the lower control arm bolts.

I posted the following within other threads but figured it would be good to share here also. I attempted the 4wp level install last Sunday and I rather than attempt to remove the lower control arms I went for the lower strut bolts. The first one came out like butter, I fought the second one for 4-5 hours with no luck. I ended up damaging 2 or 3 threads so I put it back to stock. I then proceeded to Ford to see about getting replacement lower strut bolts to which I found they are not available yet as they are part of the strut. That is when I threw in the towel because I do not want to take the blame if the Bronco is put of commission, I have been married long enough to know better. So now it is at 4wp where they are running into similar issues. This is a first for me, I have always been a do it yourself kind of guy.

Hopefully I am sharing completed photos tomorrow night!

Good luck with your builds and be careful!
Was it a special sized bolt? Typically I'd get a bolt from Ace Hardware.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it a special sized bolt? Typically I'd get a bolt from Ace Hardware.
No but the bolt has splines on it to lock it into the strut. I read online that people in this situation will sometimes bore out the splines in the strut and replace the bolt with another one from Ace Hardware. I wasn't comfortable going that route with the Bronco just yet.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this in a separate thread in the Wheel and Tire subforum however I wanted to track it here in our build thread also.

4WP was successful in installing their leveling kit on our Bronco! From there they also mounted and balanced our 17x9 +30 RTR Tech 6 wheels with 315/70r17 BFG KO2s. No rubbing even at full articulation. We are loving the stance, there is 1.25 inches of tire "poke" beyond the Non-Sas OBX fenders, just the right amount in my opinion.

Also the 3rd brake light clears the spare, barely but it clears and looks great!

Screenshot_20210728-120740.jpg

IMG_20210727_202836__01.jpg

IMG_20210727_190412.jpg

BroncoMiami

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P90D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I posted this in a separate thread in the Wheel and Tire subforum however I wanted to track it here in our build thread also.

4WP was successful in installing their leveling kit on our Bronco! From there they also mounted and balanced our 17x9 +30 RTR Tech 6 wheels with 315/70r17 BFG KO2s. No rubbing even at full articulation. We are loving the stance, there is 1.25 inches of tire "poke" beyond the Non-Sas OBX fenders, just the right amount in my opinion.

Also the 3rd brake light clears the spare, barely but it clears and looks great!
Your Bronco looks great!!! I am definitely liking the Charcoal color of the RTR wheels... I think that color will look good on my Antimatter Blue Bronco too... I have one wheel on order so I can see the color in person before I order the other 4.

I was originally thinking about doing the RTRs with the BFG 285/70R17 tires with no lift. Now you have me considering going up to the BFG 315/70R17 size. Did you go with the C or E rated version? How is the ride with those?

Is this the leveling kit you used from 4wheelparts for $400?
https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/4-wheel-parts-factory-bronco-level-lift-kit-62210k/_/R-4WPBR-62210K

Also, what did they charge to do the install?

Thank you for the info!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your Bronco looks great!!! I am definitely liking the Charcoal color of the RTR wheels... I think that color will look good on my Antimatter Blue Bronco too... I have one wheel on order so I can see the color in person before I order the other 4.

I was originally thinking about doing the RTRs with the BFG 285/70R17 tires with no lift. Now you have me considering going up to the BFG 315/70R17 size. Did you go with the C or E rated version? How is the ride with those?

Is this the leveling kit you used from 4wheelparts for $400?
https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/4-wheel-parts-factory-bronco-level-lift-kit-62210k/_/R-4WPBR-62210K

Also, what did they charge to do the install?

Thank you for the info!

Yes that is the kit. We ended up paying just over $600 for the install but that included mounting and balancing the tires, swapping the TPMS sensors from the stock wheels, and the alignment.

I have had bad luck in the past with trying to add new OEM TPMS sensors to new wheels so we had the originals swapped over and the factory wheels and tires reinstalled on the wheels.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Outerbanks 2.3L Non-Sas Build IMG_20210727_190412

Great job and I am really enjoying your videos. I watched the linked video a few times and did not hear much about any changes to ride/drivability. Do you plan to do a video on the difference or would it be possible for you to post your impressions of the difference between stock and leveled with the new wheels/tires? Many Thanks,

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s gonna look sweet with upgraded wheels and tires. I think cactus looks best on outer banks. Wish badlands had color matched mirrors and handles. Curious how the fenders would look with Sasquatch.
Sasquatch flares, but not a Sasquatch build… not the best pic, but you get the point

4E6F3E0A-210B-43C3-A3E2-D2297EFA6AA3.jpeg
Sponsored