First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else wondering if - five years from now when we look back at the vehicles built during this pandemic - we are going to see quality issues across all manufacturers, makes and models for all vehicles built during COVID?

I can’t see how there won’t be some fallout between plant closures/openings, sick work forces, supply chain disruptions (and related newly sourced suppliers), delivery network issues, etc. ...

I have a suspicion that this period will result in a noticble bump in problems across the entire fleet of vehicles produced. I don’t think it will be big issues - but just a lot of chickensh*t type stuff - bad switches, bad logic boards, bad window regulators, infotainment systems, etc.

Question is how will that play into a brand new, from scratch (almost), platform with the Bronco?

JK
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, any QC problems are going to be if they try to churn them out faster than they can actually do the QC so they can get cash in the coffers faster. That risk would be independent of any virus and self-inflicted.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've changed my opinion about uaw.... The one who post on here seem very positive and helpful, with their eye on the ball. We need them.

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m more concerned about a first run product coming out of a first run plant. I think COVID is the reason for a lot of the problems we’ve been seeing. Delays in everything, and the way it’s going, maybe more delay’s, maybe even in production. Not sure how much effect COVID will have on quality though.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you may be concerned with something that isn't a concern. Delays are a bigger concern to me.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would agree, I have no confidence in management or marketing at this point. They have dropped the ball more than they have actually moved the ball. But I do believe that the workers once they get to job one or going to do it well.

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, any QC problems are going to be if they try to churn them out faster than they can actually do the QC so they can get cash in the coffers faster. That risk would be independent of any virus and self-inflicted.
This. Are you questioning the quality of the food you buy? The gas at the pump due to COVID? Likely not. Delays in supply chain will and are likely to happen but I’m hoping Ford has used this time to run a bit higher inventory on hand to help ease disruption vs having everything “just in time”.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m guessing that manufacturing won’t be the issue. Ford will be able to do what it needs to keep manufacturing going during pandemic, whether it’s protocols or changes at the plants, those workers will be first priority.

I think the real problem will end up being supply chain and getting the parts and raw materials they need. That’s where everyone else is seeing problems right now.
Sponsored