Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in metro Detroit. Manufacturing, in particular was called out as able to stay open by the governor. The auto industry still wields a lot of power here. My understanding is the plants themselves have been reasonably safe from community spread of Covid. The Bronco, if it uses the same suppliers as the Ranger, should or could actually rank as the highest US made content vehicle in the market as well. Hopefully we aren't to far away from a vaccine. I worry less about the quality of the vehicles as the ability to train and launch on time. My dealer has mentioned twice that scheduling and getting reps into the dealerships has been delayed. By the way, deer season is probably slowing down production more than covid this week. 565K firearm deer hunters are in the woods right now :oops:
Sponsored

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are problems. The popularity has caught Ford off guard even if this was a normal time to release a brand new vehicle. The virus has made things worse down the supply chain of venders who were going to have hard time filling orders on first off parts in the best of times. Hope they don't fall back on second rate vendors to get those orders filled.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Robots don't care about COVID j/k

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am NOT worried about any quality related issues....pandemic related. What MAY be of CONCERN is pandemic related delays, part supplier issues. THAT is a concern.....

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Technology is technology, regardless of industry,, electronic circuit cards,, LCD displays, etc.

In the last three weeks I've gone through two high end, brand new, just ordered, Dell laptops with defective displays. Tomorrow I will order the third and final one, the second replacement. If this one is no good I will get a refund and wait or buy another brand, which I don't want to do as I'm use to and like the Dell keyboard layout.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya I’m 21 years in as a union career firefighter

Unions aren’t perfect and can be a pain in certain aspects but I also know as someone who has helped negotiate Union contracts that much of my bread has been buttered by our great union..

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya I’m 21 years in as a union career firefighter

Unions aren’t perfect and can be a pain in certain aspects but I also know as someone who has helped negotiate Union contracts that much of my bread has been buttered by our great union..
I'm union as well (not automotive) and my issue is that Unions make sure that ineptitude goes unchecked. Hell, half of managers were worthless and so they get promoted above the point they can mess anything up because Unions don't care if you promote...only demote or fire.

Maybe it's the public sector, but a little less union might be a good thing.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think honestly pandemic help quality. More things meticulous. More work cells be cleaned. Less ppl in the work cell in general so more jobs will be one thing at a time not many ppl working things at the same time.

Timing is all I think it's going to affect.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know about the Bronco side of MAP, but looking at This video
it appears at least the Ranger side of the body shop is using Kawasaki robots. Except for the one Fanuc that takes the cab off of the pallet and puts it on the skids

As a matter of fact, I'm trying to work out some FANUC issues right now ???

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should see the one that does that same job, but on an Expedition/Navigator!
Sponsored