wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let folks get what they want....appetites are always large. Interesting as time goes on, I keep dropping back on the list of must's.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And who cares...

Why would anyone care if a “mall crawler” or a serious off roader wants this or that...

Life has a lot of cares and worries
This my friend I don’t give two shits about...

Get what ya like...

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
Ok.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands will NOT be a mall crawler. I live close to the mountains and ride motorcycles there all the time. I bought a Subaru Crosstrek which is a very capable car to a point, but realized there are a lot of places in the mountains I want to drive that the Subaru cannot do. Enter the Bronco. I could never bring myself to buy a Jeep, but the newly designed Bronco is perfect. So yeah, the Sasquatch will come in handy and the 2.7 engine will be welcome on those big climbs.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And who cares...

Why would anyone care if a “mall crawler” or a serious off roader wants this or that...

Life has a lot of cares and worries
This my friend I don’t give two shits about...

Get what ya like...
Not trying to be the purchase police..... Just scratching my head and wondering why so many folks are willing to part with 5-10k extra for functional aesthetics when they can just add aesthetics and save some bucks.
But hey if you got the $$ to burn knock yourself out

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badlands will NOT be a mall crawler. I live close to the mountains and ride motorcycles there all the time. I bought a Subaru Crosstrek which is a very capable car to a point, but realized there are a lot of places in the mountains I want to drive that the Subaru cannot do. Enter the Bronco. I could never bring myself to buy a Jeep, but the newly designed Bronco is perfect. So yeah, the Sasquatch will come in handy and the 2.7 engine will be welcome on those big climbs.
I think you're the exception... you're really gonna use the Bronco

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have driven Broncos for over 35 years and never thought I needed tall tires, a suspension lift, lockers or a winch until I got so stuck that it took two trucks chained together to pull me out. Ever since I get the options up front and never look back. Personal preference. You get what you want and I will get mine. I have taken to calling my new Bronco 'The Mid-Life Crisis', because I am technically allowed one and this is it. ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to be the purchase police..... Just scratching my head and wondering why so many folks are willing to part with 5-10k extra for functional aesthetics when they can just add aesthetics and save some bucks.
Sounds like you're trying to make yourself feel better about not getting Sas etc....nothing more. Good for you. But thanks for the great insight!

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You buy birth control but we don’t say anything about that. ?‍♂

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in all honesty, 98% of my driving will be on pavement - but if and when I do decide to take it offroad, I want it to be capable... but I also want to look good (all the time). I'm leaning towards either the Wildtrak or a Sasquatched OBX (just so I can get that roasted leather interior)... are they overkill for something that will be on the road 98% of the time? yup. do I care? Nope :) it'll look amazing, and that's half the appeal of this truck, is it's looks

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do this all the time when people buy Prius, Smart, car, Tiny homes... . pretty much anything I don't really have an interest in. But then I shrug and say "At least it keeps the economy moving". People buy what they want and the lucky/smart/less stressed ones do it without caring what others think.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't it the other way around? A "True rock crawler" doesn't need twin turbos to crawl along at 0.5 MPH. In fact, increased weight and fuel consumption only hurt you on a remote trail.

"True rock crawlers" really only care about approach/departure angles, lockers, and gear reduction.

Personally, I'll never 'rock crawl' OR go to the mall. I just want a manual transmission vehicle that can haul gear/family/trailers/small boats and has AWD/4WD and sufficient ground clearance for snow/mud/dirt/sand driving. Tacoma is a time machine to 2005 and the Wrangler can be borderline undrivable on pavement with that SFA, so it's Bronco or bust for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.