Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We first showed this off at the Super Celebration East and recieved a lot of complements! We had put the prototype on the Bronco that morning and drove to Tennessee. We ended up changing the design and had to wait until now for various reasons. Anyways....Check out the new Squatch Basket from Mountains2Metal. This helps complete the inside of your Bronco while adding extra overhead storage space for your sunglasses, Mic, Radio, etc. Uses factory mounting locations and fits right in front of your auxilliary switch location. Easy Install only takes a few minutes!

https://mountains2metal.com/BR6OHSB/

2.jpg

3.jpg

DSC04880.jpg

DSC04882.jpg

DSC04993 (Medium).jpg
Sponsored

littlepope

First Edition
First Name
Pope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pretty slick! I assume the mic top does not fit over the bolts?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty slick! I assume the mic top does not fit over the bolts?
Pics 3 and 4 show the mic top on

"Designed to work with Factory Soft Top and Factory Hard Top
Soft Top Application held in place with supplied hardware
Hard Top Application is clamped in place with factory hardtop latches"

Last edited:

littlepope

First Edition
First Name
Pope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was thinking that looks like a soft top....

When the mic comes off, is it secured? Or must I then add in the clamps (and remove before I put my top back on)?

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, but when the mic comes off, is it secured? Or must I then add in the clamps (and remove before I put my top back on)?
Oh, that's a good question

OP
OP
Mountains2Metal

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Designed to work with Factory Soft Top and Factory Hard Top
Soft Top Application held in place with supplied hardware
Hard Top Application is clamped in place with factory hardtop latches"
I was thinking that looks like a soft top....

When the mic comes off, is it secured? Or must I then add in the clamps (and remove before I put my top back on)?
Oh, that's a good question
The pictures above are with a soft top. As quoted above, you need the hardware supplied to hold it in place with the soft top. The Mic hard top holds it in place with out the hardware. When removing the hard top if you have the Squatch Basket installed, remove the drivers side first as always. The Squatch Basket will stay in place. You can then install the hardware to the drivers side or if you want to remove the Squatch Basket completely, unclamp the passenger side and push up slightly while holding the Squatch Basket. Pull it out and you are done. If you want to keep the squatch basket in place, put the supplied hardware in the passenger side.

We recommend keeping the hardware in the glove box or center console.

It is pretty simple to install on either the hard top or the soft top.

Here are a couple pictures of it on a Mic hardtop.

20220609_140700.jpg

20220609_140714.jpg

20220609_140751.jpg

littlepope

First Edition
First Name
Pope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The pictures above are with a soft top. As quoted above, you need the hardware supplied to hold it in place with the soft top. The Mic hard top holds it in place with out the hardware. When removing the hard top if you have the Squatch Basket installed, remove the drivers side first as always. The Squatch Basket will stay in place. You can then install the hardware to the drivers side or if you want to remove the Squatch Basket completely, unclamp the passenger side and push up slightly while holding the Squatch Basket. Pull it out and you are done. If you want to keep the squatch basket in place, put the supplied hardware in the passenger side.

We recommend keeping the hardware in the glove box or center console.

It is pretty simple to install on either the hard top or the soft top.

Here are a couple pictures of it on a Mic hardtop.

Ford Bronco Overhead Squatch Basket aka Sunglasses, Mic, small MOLLE pouch holder 20220609_140751

Ford Bronco Overhead Squatch Basket aka Sunglasses, Mic, small MOLLE pouch holder 20220609_140751

Thanks for clarifying!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone purchased this? Looking for user feedback. Is it too bulky overhead and obnoxious looking? Or is it not that bad and actually useful? Price is steep, so don’t what to buy it and then find out it’s not what I was expecting in terms of size and practicability. Thank you.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see it posted on the product page that this does not work with Bestop Soft tops. Does that include the Bestop Sunrider that replaces only the front two MIC panels?

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone purchased this? Looking for user feedback. Is it too bulky overhead and obnoxious looking? Or is it not that bad and actually useful? Price is steep, so don’t what to buy it and then find out it’s not what I was expecting in terms of size and practicability. Thank you.
I like it, use it all the time. I made it work with the Bestop by drilling some clearance holes for the hardware to recess.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see it posted on the product page that this does not work with Bestop Soft tops. Does that include the Bestop Sunrider that replaces only the front two MIC panels?
Oh snap. I've had this on my wish list but hadn't noticed that. What is the interference?

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love it and use it quite a bit. Found some shock cord on Amazon and threaded a net to keep anything from bouncing out. Do the threading like mine and you can store sunglasses outside of it too.
Ford Bronco Overhead Squatch Basket aka Sunglasses, Mic, small MOLLE pouch holder 20220814_123329

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it, use it all the time. I made it work with the Bestop by drilling some clearance holes for the hardware to recess.
I'm considering this but the Bestop restriction makes me hesitent. Did you happen to get a photo of the modification that was needed to make it work?

@Mountains2Metal any chance of working this into the design for us Bestop folks?

Scotty_A51

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks sweet, however looks like the hardware goes in the 2 cutouts in the front you won’t be able to use a sunshade ? Doesn’t seem that the 2 hooks would be enough tension to keep the cubby secured.
Sponsored