Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for the information, it puts my mind at ease since I have a 2.3 4dr OBX on order. It is awesome seeing what that engine can do. BTW, great video!
Ours has the 2.3! It has plenty of power, though I’ve never tried the 2.7!
[/QUOT
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheScenicRoute

TheScenicRoute

Outer Banks
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was planning on heading there this week from Oklahoma City but my new roof rack hasn’t arrived yet. I found just a couple weeks ago my bronco roof rack wouldn’t support the weight of my tent. Disappointed because I won’t have time to make that trip again till May when it will be too hot.
That’s too bad. Our original plan was a roof rack, but we couldn’t get a hard top! Maybe with the GOBI racks, it would work!

OP
OP
TheScenicRoute

TheScenicRoute

Outer Banks
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
T
Thank you for the information, it puts my mind at ease since I have a 2.3 4dr OBX on order. It is awesome seeing what that engine can do. BTW, great video!
Thanks so much! Yeah it’s a great engine, plenty of get up and go!

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s too bad. Our original plan was a roof rack, but we couldn’t get a hard top! Maybe with the GOBI racks, it would work!
I’ve been very tempted at picking up an overlanding trailer that i can mount my tent to. Easier to set up camp and still have the ability to drive some trails without breaking down camp.

Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice set up. Did you fill it with bricks to get it up to ~3000lbs?

OP
OP
TheScenicRoute

TheScenicRoute

Outer Banks
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice set up. Did you fill it with bricks to get it up to ~3000lbs?
Pretty much lol. No I believe they said it was like ~2200 dry weight or something. Figured we stuffed enough things into it to get to around 2600, then rounded up to 3k for the views!
All seriousness probably just under 2500 if I had to guess?

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey there!
This will be my first post to Bronco6G, although I’ve been following for a while.

I’ve got a 2021 Outer Banks, and I’m using it to pull a ~3000 lbs. trailer around the United States Overlanding!

I’m starting to post some videos on YouTube, we just went to big bend NP and completed Old Ore Road with the trailer attached, and Black Gap road without the trailer.The Bronco did both like it was nothing.

I’d be pumped if you guys checked it out and let me know what you thought!

Mountain Lion ATTACKS Deer in front of us | Black Gap Road in a Bronco | Big Bend NP
Great video. You really caught the vast beauty of Big Bend NP and highlighted some of the many wonderful hiking trails available. Loved that shot from the top of the rim. You guys also did a phenomenal job of documenting the more than adequate capabilities of your OBX edition, so well done there too. Your Bronco on top of that hillock was the money shot! Lastly, that mountain lion attack was an incredibly rare and surprising moment that is likely still hard to believe, no matter how many times you watch nature taking its course, free of human intervention. Congrats - Nat Geo Wild has nothing on you two! Thanks for sharing and continued happy, healthy and wonderous adventures.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheScenicRoute

TheScenicRoute

Outer Banks
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve been very tempted at picking up an overlanding trailer that i can mount my tent to. Easier to set up camp and still have the ability to drive some trails without breaking down camp.
Yeah we are thinking of getting a rooftop tent as well for the trailer, it’s for more room! It is fantastic though. Nice to be able to just pull up to a site and hit the hay.

OP
OP
TheScenicRoute

TheScenicRoute

Outer Banks
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great video. You really caught the vast beauty of Big Bend NP and highlighted some of the many wonderful hiking trails available. Loved that shot from the top of the rim. You guys also did a phenomenal job of documenting the more than adequate capabilities of your OBX edition, so well done there too. Your Bronco on top of that hillock was the money shot! Lastly, that mountain lion attack was an incredibly rare and surprising moment that is likely still hard to believe, no matter how many times you watch nature taking its course, free of human intervention. Congrats - Nat Geo Wild has nothing on your two! Thanks for sharing and continued happy, healthy and wonderous adventures.
Wow thank you so much!! That means a lot to my wife and I. I tried hard to capture the beauty of the park, so I’m glad you said that!

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very cool! I’m jelly didn’t see any Mountain Lions. I didn’t have a spotter for black gap but I did it! Three spots I swear where sketchy depending on which way you went! Love y’all’s adventure. I really love Big Bend too!!
Where to next?!

2A4B7B34-7EBE-4451-8ACA-37F46DE3553D.jpeg

C515C5E2-F598-4466-8D5B-5695E2E3CF7F.jpeg

OP
OP
TheScenicRoute

TheScenicRoute

Outer Banks
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very cool! I’m jelly didn’t see any Mountain Lions. I didn’t have a spotter for black gap but I did it! Three spots I swear where sketchy depending on which way you went! Love y’all’s adventure. I really love Big Bend too!!
Where to next?!

Ford Bronco Overlanding Big Bend National Park with Bronco Outer Banks - Video C515C5E2-F598-4466-8D5B-5695E2E3CF7F

Ford Bronco Overlanding Big Bend National Park with Bronco Outer Banks - Video C515C5E2-F598-4466-8D5B-5695E2E3CF7F
That’s awesome, like the pics!!! Right now we are in Arizona and plan on staying in Sedona for a bit. Looking for some nice 4x4 roads in the area, do you know of any?

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP