Sponsored

OverLanding (non-Rock Crawling) pics/plans for your build (pics/reasoning)

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to see pics and plans with reasoning of your choices for building your Overlanding setup that is NOT intended for rock crawling/extreme offroading. My plan is starting with a 4DR, 2.7L, Auto, MIC, Sas. I will add GOBI rack system, front/rear ARB bumpers, winch, and various lightbars. I do plan some small lift to increase clearance a little and level vehicle and maybe add 37s. Inside I will come up with come creative storage. To top it off, I already have a roof top tent taken from my sold 4Runner Overlander rig and an ARB awning. Pic attached is my 4Runner I sold but it's the essence of my theme/build for my Bronco. I will post pics of Bronco once I get and begin to mod.

4R with RTT and Rotopax and HiLIft.jpg

Rear.jpg

RTT 1.jpg

RTT 2.jpg
Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine will pull this duty... I already have a rock crawler in a 2006 LJ Rubicon. But my JKU will be replaced by the OBX 2.7 squatch pulling my adventure trailer. We went hard side trailer so that we can handle any weather. In our current trim, we have run many adventures, such as El Camino del Diablo and Mojave Road.
Ford Bronco OverLanding (non-Rock Crawling) pics/plans for your build (pics/reasoning) IMG_3916.JPG

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a fan of roof-top tents at my age.

Would be curious to see anyone who has set up a decent platform to level the rear cargo with seats down to create some storage with an inflatable mattress on top in a 4 door. Iā€™m planning some over-landing with a 2.7 SAS 4 door, but have a soft top and am waiting for soft top roof rack options.

Also interested in best setups for storage for shovel, gas and water containers, recovery boards and other equipment on the outside of a soft top.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be curious to see anyone who has set up a decent platform to level the rear cargo with seats down to create some storage with an inflatable mattress on top in a 4 door. Iā€™m planning some over-landing with a 2.7 SAS 4 door, but have a soft top and am waiting for soft top roof rack options.

Also interested in best setups for storage for shovel, gas and water containers, recovery boards and other equipment on the outside of a soft top.
GOBI racks for Bronco/Jeep can disconnect and hinge/rotate back to gain access to roof removal/retraction, so I suspect this process will be exactly required for those with soft tops. The OEM roof rack has very limited load capabilities so GOBI is my choice. All other racks I've seen require hard top.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently have a 4 dr soft top badlands, 2.7, squatch high package

Purchased:
- ADV Hardtop: Yes, I know itā€™s somewhat of a risk to get a brand new product, without a refund, and no images, but Iā€™m willing to risk it because my goal of my bronco was purchases with overlanding in mind. Iā€™ve always wanted to, and finally they came out with the car Iā€™ve been salivating at creating since I knew my pops drove a Bronco growing up
- JCROffroad Tailgate Table
- JCROffroad Interior Cargo Basket
- JCROffroad Molle Panels
- IAG EZ V2 Step
- Bartact Grab Handles

Future Purchases:
- Either ZRoadz or Gobi roof rack
- Roof top tent: Undecided between GFC or another brand. Unfortunately, itā€™s gonna have to be extremely light weight since weā€™re wanting to house 2 people and a labā€¦.I know itā€™s gonna be heavy, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know! The GFC is pretty lightweight and a small foot print so itā€™s at the top of my list.
- JCROffroad Winch Plate and undecided on winch
- American Adventure Lab Mass Spare Tire Platform with side molle panels
- Roam Adventure Co. 95L rugged case
- Internal storage drawers either Goose Gear or American Adventure Lab. FroncoBroncoā€™s drawer system is my ideal system, but their MASS platform is taking awhile to go into production. Iā€™d like to hear otherā€™s opinion on either companies.
- Heretic Fog light kit and possibly their ditch lights
- Dometic CFX3 35 and PLB40 battery
- Renogy Flexible 175 Solar panels
- Maxxtrax

Wants and possible future purchases:
- JCROffroad Vanguard Bumper with dual Jerry can
- Fifteen52 Analog HDā€™s. I know those arenā€™t required, but damn they look good.
- Tire upgrade at some point, but not quite sure yet
- XPEL PPF

Sponsored
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purchased:
- ADV Hardtop: Yes, I know itā€™s somewhat of a risk to get a brand new product, without a refund, and no images, but Iā€™m willing to risk it because my goal of my bronco was purchases with overlanding in mind. Iā€™ve always wanted to, and finally they came out with the car Iā€™ve been salivating at creating since I knew my pops drove a Bronco growing up
- IAG EZ V2 Step
- Bartact Grab Handles

Future Purchases:
- Roof top tent: Undecided between GFC or another brand. Unfortunately, itā€™s gonna have to be extremely light weight since weā€™re wanting to house 2 people and a labā€¦.I know itā€™s gonna be heavy, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know! The GFC is pretty lightweight and a small foot print so itā€™s at the top of my list.
- Internal storage drawers either Goose Gear or American Adventure Lab. FroncoBroncoā€™s drawer system is my ideal system, but their MASS platform is taking awhile to go into production. Iā€™d like to hear otherā€™s opinion on either companies.
- Maxxtrax

- Fifteen52 Analog HDā€™s. I know those arenā€™t required, but damn they look good.
- XPEL PPF
The GOBI rack will handle 800lb static load, so unless you/wife/dog/tent weigh 800+, you should be good. My tent (Free Spirit Recreation: High Country) will handle 2 people and dog easily and it weighs 152lbs. Very easy to setup as well.

Sounds like you have a great setup/theme and I look forward to pics when you are able.

NC_Overland

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I just put mine together this week. This is it, minus the carpeting that will be on it.
Ford Bronco OverLanding (non-Rock Crawling) pics/plans for your build (pics/reasoning) Finished - Carpet
Ford Bronco OverLanding (non-Rock Crawling) pics/plans for your build (pics/reasoning) Finished - Carpet with lid u
Ford Bronco OverLanding (non-Rock Crawling) pics/plans for your build (pics/reasoning) Storage Lid cutout open with storage

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like youā€™d have to be so short for this to work.
Itā€™s probably about 6ft and when sleeping most people curl up just a little and in this situation we make adjustments to be able to camp this way, so I think 2 people could fit as long as theyā€™re not Sasquatch size ;)

NC_Overland

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel like youā€™d have to be so short for this to work.
How it sits now its 68". This is for travel with wife and dog. For sleeping I'll have the seats all the way forward with another headrest platform that gives another 8-10". With seats all the way forward anyone 6'3" (ish) or under will fit long ways. I stole this idea from another guy who's 6'2" and sleeps with room to spare in his.

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Itā€™s probably about 6ft and when sleeping most people curl up just a little and in this situation we make adjustments to be able to camp this way, so I think 2 people could fit as long as theyā€™re not Sasquatch size ;)
So you not rocking a fridge?

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purchased:
- IAG EZ V2 Step
- Bartact Grab Handles

Future Purchases:
- Maxxtrax

- XPEL PPF
Pics??

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're taking a some of the parts off our 98 XJ and moving them to the Bronco (when it gets here, this is our build week). Ours is a soft-top so a rack is needed (Gobi?) and that will shift the ARB Awning and box tent over.

Other mods:
RedArc Dual Battery "Ultimate set-up" w. BCDC Charger
Engel Fridge
JCR Table and Molle
Front bumper and winch
Baja Lighting
OBA w. either ARB Twin (fixed) or Vlair (portable)
Some minimal storage in the back.

We sleep in a ground tent and also have 1-2 dogs with us so I don't want a sleeping platform inside or lots of storage boxes taking up space in the back.

The XJ...

Ford Bronco OverLanding (non-Rock Crawling) pics/plans for your build (pics/reasoning) 60714989_394407994617002_9153562270538479545_n

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw a set up that leveled out the back. Iā€™m currently looking for that post. Iā€™ve got a roof top tent that was on a rack on my Tacoma but just realized itā€™s too heavy for the rack on the bronco. Iā€™ve got a bad ass roof rack on the way that will support the weight of the tent better. But until I get the rack in and set up, Iā€™m going to work on leveling the back.
Sponsored