Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Opinions on the best coilover upgrade from Sasquatch to handle weight of gear, roof top tent, long on/off road trips, washboard roads, and potentially pulling an Overlanding trailer (Patriot X1N)

Coilover Options I’m thinking about:

4WP adjustable
KING w/ adjustable reservoir
Fabtech adjustable w/ reservoir
Others?

Don’t want to break the bank. All the above are in the $4K range
Sponsored

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd keep an eye on the Old Man Emu stuff they know that game pretty well and really keep the vehicle dynamics and larger loads in mind.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My first choice and what I have awaiting install are Kings for sure. once you’ve had them you will understand.

My second choice would still be Kings. 🤣😂

Third, probably OME from what I’ve heard and researched.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything is to new still, I have a eye on old emu as it definite upgrade from the non-sas shocks. If I was paying I would want King, just for the fact that they are serviceable and you can get just about any spring rate.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check ARB-USAs OME page. OME has multiple spring choices for the heavier loads of overlanding. They don’t yet list shock travel specs.
https://arbusa.com/ford-bronco/old-man-emu-4x4-suspension/
We need a guinea pig, I went through this with my FZJ80 land cruiser. Going to take someone not being happy and switching between the different springs with lots of pictures.

I bought 5 sets of springs before I was happy with my landcruiser. I had to switch to another brand for dual rate springs.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely think about OME with your setup as they have more options for weight. Could also just get compression adjusters but not from the high end brands for the following reasons..

You don’t want fox/king/Radflo as these gear toward faster speed stuff, so are valved and made as such (monotube, spherical bearings, etc). With overlanding, you also want to think about corrosion especially if you’re gonna be doing water and mud crossings. With any bare metal shock like the above mentioned, the steel parts are usually plated with something else that eventually wears off. Nothing beats a good paint job.

lastly, the 4wp coilovers are hot garbage. Every owner I’ve talked to seems to agree on that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely think about OME with your setup as they have more options for weight. Could also just get compression adjusters but not from the high end brands for the following reasons..

You don’t want fox/king/Radflo as these gear toward faster speed stuff, so are valved and made as such (monotube, spherical bearings, etc). With overlanding, you also want to think about corrosion especially if you’re gonna be doing water and mud crossings. With any bare metal shock like the above mentioned, the steel parts are usually plated with something else that eventually wears off. Nothing beats a good paint job.

lastly, the 4wp coilovers are hot garbage. Every owner I’ve talked to seems to agree on that.
I’m holding out for OME BP-51.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m holding out for OME BP-51.
Not the best option for your application believe it or not. Also not the best shock in general but to each their own… you’d be better off with one of the fox/king brands. I was talking about their nitrocharger line :)

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with radflos. Very happy with performance so far. I can adjust them to firmer valving if needed. Will be heading to Rubicon next weekend and see how they do in the rocks.

20220430_185610.jpg

20220430_174218.jpg
Sponsored