Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$800 for rear door window?! That's insane. $9000 for MIC top in other thread. WTF is going on.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That sucks. I don't agree with Ford that it is impossible, but I also don't think frozen ice is a warranty issue.

We had a mini-van, when the kids were younger, and the sliding door always seemed to freeze when we were in a hurry, loaded with kids, and late for work. I don't miss the North this time of year.

DesertDweller

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know you are not the OP, but I would argue hard for warranty coverage. If that gets nowhere with the dealer, I'd contact Ford directly: https://help.ford.com/
Agreed, and anyone else who has this problem should do the same. They can only get away with what they're allowed to get away with. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of this in the future based on the window drop issues people have been reporting.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can totally believe breaking a side window without the cold and ice. My window drop is really slow on my rear passenger. So when opening normally it hangs on the seal. Add in tempered aka prestressed glass and I could easily see windows shattering.

Sponsored

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks. I don't agree with Ford that it is impossible, but I also don't think frozen ice is a warranty issue.

We had a mini-van, when the kids were younger, and the sliding door always seemed to freeze when we were in a hurry, loaded with kids, and late for work. I don't miss the North this time of year.
Sure, but you can't ski without the snow and ice. I guess I am just one of those insane northerners that actually LIKES winter. ;-)

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would 100% agree with this. It would be no different than breaking a door handle by pulling on it when it was frozen. That is user error.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

just as bad as the F150 rear window defrost feature. If you autostart a F150 rear defroster goes on and shatters the window (sliders version) thats a great expense to have.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what a bummer for the OP's OP.

I live in SoCal after having grown up in Upstate New York and stuff like this makes me grateful I moved. I also think it's fairly apparent this bronco is definitely not made for the cold weather ha

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure, but you can't ski without the snow and ice. I guess I am just one of those insane northerners that actually LIKES winter. ;-)
Growing up in Illinois, it was cold enough to have winter problems, but not cold enough nor enough snow (and too flat) to indulge in Winter hobbies. So, I got all the cons, and none of the pros. LOL

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have to say, the Mustang-auto-lower-window team does not seem to have been in charge on the Bronco's frameless setup.
If anyone is interested, the automatic lowering feature on the windows is called indexing. :geek:

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I don't have my Bronco yet so I can't pick apart every aspect. I get freezing happening at the bottom seal of the door and window. Is there anywhere at the top that could be a potential freezing point???

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rear tinted or non tinted is $350 list. Even if they figure in a regulator that's only another $160. Clean up glass and labor to install parts, $400????

Reactions: JPG

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

100%. Some of the best days of my life have been spent riding with my son knee deep in powder. 🤘
Sponsored