Sponsored

Owners: do you have MIC top roof rattle?

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay. Then they should be priced much lower if they are expected to rattle constantly. How do people justify spending that kind of money on a poor quality product? I'm baffled?
Personally, I avoid the issue with proper care and maintenance! lol
Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My order was nowhere near 30K.
paying all that extra money i am sure ford will make sure you don't get any rattles. i as a low end customer may need to contend with one or two. i purchased a base model with a switch panel.. final sales price $ 30,190.00, for that price i might have a rattle. i will locate it and address it with a little grease or snugging down a bolt here and there. having been a mechanic or working on my own stuff for over 40 years i am not too worried.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you use it, it’s going to rattle. Turn up the radio. Get more aggressive tires. Go for the loud exhaust. Or, just get a good case of tinnitus and your rattle worries will go away.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The overall response on this thread is that owners of recently delivered Bronco's are not experiencing any rattle or whistling. These far outweigh a review of the same vehicle by two people. I think we can all sigh with relief that it does not appear to be an issue at this point.

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

pretty much anything that is not welded will rattle eventually.. locate the rattle and consider a little graphite, wd 40, maybe a quarter twist of a nut or bolt... these are not luxury cars and if we are expecting the fit and finish of top end luxury car maybe you should have been looking at the land rover.
Made it through almost the first page here and see too many excusing design/manufacturing flaws. Felt I had to respond cause it isn’t normal for things to rattle in a vehicle however how many of you are okay with it. Not going to pretend I have a ton of experience. My 2003 Tahoe never rattled after 215K miles. 2007 G35 still has no issues like that. Saying everything will rattle is ridiculous. Especially on a new vehicle.

Sponsored

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay. Then they should be priced much lower if they are expected to rattle constantly. How do people justify spending that kind of money on a poor quality product? I'm baffled?
Agreed. None of these annoying issues should be justified and accepted as normal and something you just should expect. But to address the OP’s question, it does seem that the only YouTube review complaint about MIC roof rattle is from the same manny.

Last edited:

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Made it through almost the first page here and see too many excusing design/manufacturing flaws. Felt I had to respond cause it isn’t normal for things to rattle in a vehicle however how many of you are okay with it. Not going to pretend I have a ton of experience. My 2003 Tahoe never rattled after 215K miles. 2007 G35 still has no issues like that. Saying everything will rattle is ridiculous. Especially on a new vehicle.
i am not condoning faulty workmanship, but there are design factors which bring in a lot of variables. your tahoe does not have a removeable roof which is held on by six bolts. it does not have an additional 2 to four independently removeable roof panels. someone hears a seatbelt buckle tapping against the interior because the strap is being buffeted by the wind of a open window and they are looking to start a class action lawsuit on a vehicle with less that 5000 delivered units. way too many reactionary whiners who are slamming these vehicles before they even received theirs. unfortunately it seems like the ruggedness of the vehicle is not translating to the potential owners too well.

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i am not condoning faulty workmanship, but there are design factors which bring in a lot of variables. your tahoe does not have a removeable roof which is held on by six bolts. it does not have an additional 2 to four independently removeable roof panels. someone hears a seatbelt buckle tapping against the interior because the strap is being buffeted by the wind of a open window and they are looking to start a class action lawsuit on a vehicle with less that 5000 delivered units. way too many reactionary whiners who are slamming these vehicles before they even received theirs. unfortunately it seems like the ruggedness of the vehicle is not translating to the potential owners too well.
I’m not even sure who’s post I responded to but yeah no vehicles other than a Wrangler are designed to take the top off. But someone said everything that isn’t welded down will rattle over time. I can’t accept that take. And there needs to be a lot more real life proof that the Bronco has design or manufacture issues to substantiate some of the complaints I see.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It may just be me , but I see a lot of concern about things that are just not that important to me.

I want it to work. I want it to get me to where I am going and get me back home. I want it to be fun to drive when it is not working and I want it to be as beautiful as a trail slut can be, but I want it to work. I want it to get me to where I am going and get me back home.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not even sure who’s post I responded to but yeah no vehicles other than a Wrangler are designed to take the top off. But someone said everything that isn’t welded down will rattle over time. I can’t accept that take. And there needs to be a lot more real life proof that the Bronco has design or manufacture issues to substantiate some of the complaints I see.
i said anything which is not welded rattles over time, and it is true, unless thing are fused they will rattle. the riveted skin on airframes will rattle, and if you think a vehicle which has removable panels will not have a rattle, you have little experience in the the real world. if your yukon with 200,000+ miles doesn't rattle it is because it is not moving. the amount of sound deadening material may have dampened the sounds by the time they reach the driver's area. dissimilar materials in contact with one another expand and contract at different rates and vibrate at different frequencies causing rattles. drivetrain components rattle. the amount of dampening and soundproofing of the passenger compartment is what makes it unnoticeable to the occupants of the interior. rattles are not a sign of defect they are fact of engineering. luxury cars use much more sound deadening materials. this makes car heavier. ford has removed the trailer hitch from some packages of this vehicle due to government mandates on overall weight. so, it is not hard to believe to remove 20 or so pounds, the amount of dynomat was reduced. these are not product defects they are engineering and governmental constraints placed upon auto manufacturers. so in conclusion, vehicles rattle, vehicles with fiberglass removeable panels will rattle. it cannot be engineered out of it. it can be reduced to a lower level, or even isolated in certain areas, but it cannot be eliminated completely. i do not condone shoddy workmanship, but i do understand the limitations of engineering form and function.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thermal expansion/contraction gets blamed for everything. 🙂

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know with my focus st, the squeaks and rattles quiet down in the summer and come back every winter.
Every Ford is like this... Not just rattles but road and wind noise are higher in cold/dry days as well 🤷🏼‍♂️

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
this was on a test drive of a brand new big bend with sasquatch 2 door with MIC hardtop. Had 200 miles on it.

Turn your volume up high to hear it. It was very loud in person. My iPhone might have tried to mitigate it as background noise.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
pretty much anything that is not welded will rattle eventually.. locate the rattle and consider a little graphite, wd 40, maybe a quarter twist of a nut or bolt... these are not luxury cars and if we are expecting the fit and finish of top end luxury car maybe you should have been looking at the land rover.
I could not disagree more. They don't like to build junk at Ford. They take extreme pride in any product that the UAW assemblers put their hands on. This mentality is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by any of us, I assure you. We are a high end manufacturer, in fact they all follow our lead. This pig don't fly!!! Land Rover was about to go under till FORD revived them and then sold them back!! GTFOH We don't accept this characterization! Fit and Finish should and will rival any manufacturer!!! I can not tell you how upset this makes me.

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I could not disagree more. They don't like to build junk at Ford. They take extreme pride in any product that the UAW assemblers put their hands on. This mentality is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by any of us, I assure you. We are a high end manufacturer, in fact they all follow our lead. This pig don't fly!!! Land Rover was about to go under till FORD revived them and then sold them back!! GTFOH We don't accept this characterization! Fit and Finish should and will rival any manufacturer!!! I can not tell you how upset this makes me.
i only lurk here and i'm not sure if you work for Ford or what but i've owned many many Ford's since 1997 and most have been poor quality.

97 Cobra - weak transmission, interior was god awful
2000 Mustang V6 - total mistake purchase - same awful interior and even worse drivetrain
2001 Cobra - dreaded weak spark plugs. popped a plug on #7. Never ran right after
2007 Mustang GT - This car was actually solid. I miss it and beyond some low quality choices, I had zero issues.
2016/2017 Mustang GT - both had horrible body panel fitment and interior rattles. Buggy Sync software. First was a base car, the second a fully loaded at 47k.
2016 Ford Edge Sport - Sunroof rattled constantly. Hatch rattled. Cyl #5 started burning oil and fouling plugs.
2019 Ford Edge ST - Same stupid sunroof rattled. Crappy trans tuning on the 8spd. Horrible fake engine noise.
2020 Ranger XLT - Luckily no rattles, but the hood, fender, bed panel gap is horrendous. I mean the hood literally sits 1/4" off on the passenger side. I have a horrible shudder at take off and an annoying vibration at 70ish that other Ranger owners are dealing with.

So don't start spouting Ford this and Ford that. They are a cost cutting company that offers awesome vehicles on paper, but in practice usually have glaring problems.

Let's not bring up the 2011 to 2020 Getrag Manuals in Mustangs.
Or the Explorers getting bought back with failed 10R60 transmissions. The same transmissions in the Bronco. :0
Sponsored