David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 2 F-150s, Explorer, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The other way to disable it (at least in my manual BMW that has the same system), is to never let the clutch back out when stopped. It'll only turn the motor off if you are 1. in neutral, and 2. clutch out.

I think this means us 7MT purchasers already have a leg up! :-D
I was actually wondering how the auto-start-stop worked on a Ford manual transmission vehicle so thought looking thru the manual of a modern Mustang would give me a clue. Nope, the Mustang doesn't have the feature!

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe there is no option to disable auto start stop other than every time you start it up. Even the shit box Mini Cooper I just picked up has a switch and it stays off until you decide you want it to work again if ever. Have to buy a bypass harness I guess but it stinks.
I do not understand why people care about this so much. I haven't experienced the Bronco, but every other car Ive driven with this feature starts the engine as soon as you release the brake. The engine starts instantly so when your foot makes it's way to the gas it makes power immediately. It's essentially the same driving experience.

bruce 1

Outer Banks
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Immediately went right to this section:
Ford Bronco Owners Manual for 2021 Bronco! [download here] πŸ“– 20210605_162600_resized

Anyone have a PERMANENT solution to disabling this, that won't break a warranty?
a good alarm guy can do it and it won't effect warranty, my alarm guy charges 50$ to do it.

Sponsored

Zackmd1

Outer Banks
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Ford Bronco 2dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone notice the part about Hybrid Battery Systems? 22MY maybe?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is somewhat easy to disable i can work with it. But I do a decent amount of idling on break, and during hunting season. So I hope it isn't too big of an inconvenience.
It's a physical switch, top center on the audio/climate control panel.
Ford Bronco Owners Manual for 2021 Bronco! [download here] πŸ“– 1622995588153

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

P302 tells you to reset the fuel shutoff switch in case of a crash. Unfortunately there is no mention of where the switch is located. Usually it’s behind the passenger kick panel but be sure to ask the dealer where it is. Doesn’t take too much of a bump to trip them.
I think later it suggest doing a couple start cycles resets, apparently it's automatic not a physical switch.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I found the narrative descriptions of GOAT modes helpful. I'll be getting BB so no Rock Crawl. My most challenging wheeling will be ruts, rocks mixed with mud it looks like Mud/Ruts mode will be helpful and for deep snow Sand mode looks good. Other than that I'll probably use Normal with appropriate driver selected settings and Slippery for snow packed and icy on road driving...and then Sport on mountain highways to get better gear response, uphill and down, so I guess that's all of them except Eco.

Also a score for Base and BB folks: those tire sizes are the only ones listed for use with chains, albeit only rear ( I may cheat that rule occasionally)

It seems there will be no way to get Traction Control in low range. With no front locker I might find that helpful from time to time :( I guess I could shift to 4H If terrain allows first gear High Range to be adequate.

Last edited:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They knocked me out for mine. I'm surprised you're going to be awake.
Oh Hell I was awake for mine and even watched it on a big screen πŸ˜‰, the procedure is a breeze it's the nite before that's a pain in the @ss πŸ˜†

deadeye

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"For the best tire life, a five tire rotation is recommended that includes the matching spare tire mounted on the back of the vehicle. This rotation requires a forced re-learning of your tire pressure monitor system sensors
by your vehicle, and should be performed by an authorized dealer or a service center to ensure the tire pressure monitor system will provide proper warning at all times. When performing the tire rotation yourself, a four tire rotation is recommended, without using the spare tire in the rotation, so that no tire pressure monitor
system sensor re-learn is required. If a five tire rotation is performed without a tire pressure monitor system sensor re-learn, the system may not provide a low tire pressure warning when necessary."

That stinks. Although "may not" doesn't necessarily mean that the bronco isn't smart enough to figure it out. Unclear.
Good find!
However, dont worry just yet. This is what my 2014 Focus ST manual says also, but its not necessary. I swap between winter and summer wheel/tire sets every season and was worried about reading this. I even researched an aftermarket tools to do the re-learn myself. But the car seems to just learn them by itself everytime, so I never bought the tool. I rotate and swap every season for the last 7 years. Using an android app I can always see 4 tire pressures with either set of wheels/tires. I did buy factory TPMS sensors for my winter set just to have the best chance of the car finding them. Hopefully Bronco is as smart as my Focus.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh Hell I was awake for mine and even watched it on a big screen πŸ˜‰, the procedure is a breeze it's the nite before that's a pain in the @ss πŸ˜†
I thought the prep was the shit! :D

I had a friend who had it done a few years before mine. He said it hurt like hell, having his guts filled with air. Then again, he has zero tolerance for pain, while I kind of enjoy it. The doc didn't suggest not going with a general, so I just went with it. I don't know what they gave me, but it was the best high I have ever had. That high lasted about five seconds, but it was damned good.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the prep was the shit! :D

I had a friend who had it done a few years before mine. He said it hurt like hell, having his guts filled with air. Then again, he has zero tolerance for pain, while I kind of enjoy it. The doc didn't suggest not going with a general, so I just went with it. I don't know what they gave me, but it was the best high I have ever had. That high lasted about five seconds, but it was damned good.
You got that prep dead on LOL
Sponsored