First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why won’t sand mode work for you? From what the pro drivers in Johnson Valley were saying, it also operates much like Baja mode and allows 4A.
I think that is a good idea, that might work. The issue might be that the throttle and brakes may be configured to be too progressive in sand mode. Thank you for the suggestion.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One good, one disappointing item in the manual for me.

Disappointment (maybe I should have known about it already): 4A is not available with Baja mode. The way 4A works according to the manual is exactly what I need. So, I either have to choose between the stabilizer disconnect feature and the Sport mode. This means I might have to switch to Wildtrack from Badlands as Sport mode now became more important to me.

The good: Roll Stability Control. Apparently, the vehicle can assist in breaking individual wheels to stabilize the vehicle against a potential rollover. I would imagine if it detects a high-enough lateral angle and forward speed, it can potentially break the outside rear wheel to stabilize. If it actually works this way, I am game, superb!
However, this function is part of the overall Stability Control, so I would have to keep that on for roll stability to work, which may actually work against me. Cannot know without actually driving of course.
I found the no 4A Baja odd as well. High speed off road you probably don't need 4wd, but hit a soft spot or need extra pull in a corner and that 4A would kick in. Maybe they are worried about too much drivetrain jolt at high speeds and spinning tires???

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I found the no 4A Baja odd as well. High speed off road you probably don't need 4wd, but hit a soft spot or need extra pull in a corner and that 4A would kick in. Maybe they are worried about too much drivetrain jolt at high speeds and spinning tires???
Obviously, I am guessing, since I have no idea what the 'programmers' are/were thinking with these things.
There is obviously a significant difference between high-speed vs. high-speed depending on conditions. For example, if you are running across a desert at 60-100 mph with occasional wide-angle turns, then 4A won't offer much help and it is best to keep the car at 4H.
However, if you are on gravel, ruts, shallow muddy trails with uneven surfaces and frequent sharp left/right turns, the 4H is helpful but the way 4A is supposed to work varying torque between 0-50% on the front and rear axles is perfect. You may be going only 20-50 mph on these types of trails or racing course, but 4A with torque vectoring would provide a huge advantage I think.

So, if they had Baja, Utah, Texas, and rock crawling in their minds, marketing and programmers not including Sport with 4A in Badlands makes sense. Who knows, haha. I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good find!
However, dont worry just yet. This is what my 2014 Focus ST manual says also, but its not necessary. I swap between winter and summer wheel/tire sets every season and was worried about reading this. I even researched an aftermarket tools to do the re-learn myself. But the car seems to just learn them by itself everytime, so I never bought the tool. I rotate and swap every season for the last 7 years. Using an android app I can always see 4 tire pressures with either set of wheels/tires. I did buy factory TPMS sensors for my winter set just to have the best chance of the car finding them. Hopefully Bronco is as smart as my Focus.
Really? Damn... My Mazdas just have a reset button on the dash. I do whatever I want to the tires, turn the car on (but don't start it) and press a button for 3 seconds... Done.

Of course they don't use actual TPM sensors and instead use the ABS to sort it out. Love that feature...dealing with TPS Sensors and the railroading you get cuz of them at the tire stores is :poop:

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Owners Manual for 2021 Bronco! [download here] 📖 1623089958015

Pg 179 talks about a sport mode button on the gear shift. Seems to be different than the sport goat mode. First Ive seen of this and did not notice a button on the gearshift. Anyone seen this?

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford's done some crazy stuff but a 240V block heater? 🤯
I don't think it's crazy at all. In my world some electrical switchgear comes with strip heaters to keep condensation out of the equipment. They are often rated at 240 V, but run on 120 V control power. Purely for longevity reasons. You pay for overly robust heaters, or you waste time designing monitoring circuits to make sure the heaters are still working--all in gear you can't afford to often shut down to repair. So maybe they wanted to just make a robust block heater.

Another possible reason: Maybe Ford said, hey, let's go with one design worldwide, where the standard voltage could be 230 V.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think it's crazy at all. In my world some electrical switchgear comes with strip heaters to keep condensation out of the equipment. They are often rated at 240 V, but run on 120 V control power. Purely for longevity reasons. You pay for overly robust heaters, or you waste time designing monitoring circuits to make sure the heaters are still working--all in gear you can't afford to often shut down to repair. So maybe they wanted to just make a robust block heater.

Another possible reason: Maybe Ford said, hey, let's go with one design worldwide, where the standard voltage could be 230 V.
I'm assuming it's a typo because no other Ford (or any vehicle) I've seen has anything other than a standard 120V plug. It's the only convenient option for most folks.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1623089958015.png

Pg 179 talks about a sport mode button on the gear shift. Seems to be different than the sport goat mode. First Ive seen of this and did not notice a button on the gearshift. Anyone seen this?
Wow. That would be awesome. Hope it’s not a misprint.

deadeye

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? Damn... My Mazdas just have a reset button on the dash. I do whatever I want to the tires, turn the car on (but don't start it) and press a button for 3 seconds... Done.

Of course they don't use actual TPM sensors and instead use the ABS to sort it out. Love that feature...dealing with TPS Sensors and the railroading you get cuz of them at the tire stores is :poop:
Thats cool Mazda's have a button! And can tell pressure without installing TPMS sensors on your winter set of tires.

But maybe my post was a bit misleading. I don't even have to push a button on my 2014 Focus, it recognizes a completely different set of tires/wheels (which is also rotated) just by turning on the ignition (push button ignition). Even when my other set of tires is still 2ft away nearby in the garage it recognizes whatever set is mounted to the car.

My android app is just to view 4 individual tire pressures, because my car only has a dummy light. So with this app, I can confirm that my car can indeed see all 4 tire pressures even though I swapped all 4 of them, and rotated them, and did not use a re-learn tool or visit a dealer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. That would be awesome. Hope it’s not a misprint.
I pray that is valid...and there is a Sport mode outside of the GOAT modes...it makes sense. The symbol used is different than that on the GOAT mode, but I would tend to believe that it was transferred over in error and is a mistake.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pray that is valid...and there is a Sport mode outside of the GOAT modes...it makes sense. The symbol used is different than that on the GOAT mode, but I would tend to believe that it was transferred over in error and is a mistake.
I'm beginning to think it's an error. But from what I've found, some Ford automatics, have a sportier transmission mode that you initiate with the manual shift buttons. So for example, if you initiate a manual shift of gears using the buttons, the sport mode takes over and will still shift automatically while in "M" mode but using the sportier profile. This may be the best we get without the Sport Goat mode. I dunno.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm beginning to think it's an error. But from what I've found, some Ford automatics, have a sportier transmission mode that you initiate with the manual shift buttons. So for example, if you initiate a manual shift of gears using the buttons, the sport mode takes over and will still shift automatically while in "M" mode but using the sportier profile. This may be the best we get without the Sport Goat mode. I dunno.
I thought this might be a copy paste from the Broncos ugly sister, Ranger. Nope, the Ranger has an S on the gear shift selector.

Ford Bronco Owners Manual for 2021 Bronco! [download here] 📖 1623179848066

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mystery solved. It is a direct copy paste from the 2020 F150 owners manual, page 219.

Ford Bronco Owners Manual for 2021 Bronco! [download here] 📖 1623180447108

"The Button" they are referring to is the DM button on the gearshift lever, which Bronco doesnt have.

Ford Bronco Owners Manual for 2021 Bronco! [download here] 📖 1623180501356

Pretty big error in the Bronco owners manual.