timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I just watched that same video. It is pretty impressive the difference in the heat reduction.

Has anyone every had ceramic tint installed? Do you have any opinions on quality or longevity?
Put 3M ceramic tint on our Escape 7 years ago and it still looks flawless today. I did the front windows at the same level to match the already-factory-tinted rear windows. I'm planning on doing it on the Bronco.

Advertisement

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I always thought the keypads were hardwired, bummer.
They definitely are on a lot of other models. The 2004 F-150 that is now my daughter's has the keypad that looks a lot like the one in this photo and is either hard-wired or has the world's longest-lasting battery. 🙂 Also, our 2014 Escape has the keypad integrated into the pillar (like was shown in a photo in an earlier post) and is nicely done because you don't see it until you activate the backlighting by touching a pad.

Power for the keypad could have been provided through the door wire harness, so it is really a matter of whether Ford wanted to deal with additional parts for doors with and without keypads.

Mac n Nevada

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Clubs

Put 3M ceramic tint on our Escape 7 years ago and it still looks flawless today. I did the front windows at the same level to match the already-factory-tinted rear windows. I'm planning on doing it on the Bronco.

I think it would be a cool addition to the back windows, have never heard of it. How does it hold up on the front windshield? ( the clear obviously🤓) Doesn't fade, turn red, look good at night..? forgive my ignorance on the topic.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I think it would be a cool addition to the back windows, have never heard of it. How does it hold up on the front windshield? ( the clear obviously🤓) Doesn't fade, turn red, look good at night..? forgive my ignorance on the topic.
I only did the front side windows, not the windshield. Based on the side windows, which haven't changed color at all, I would assume a clear front windshield film (in 3M, at least) would be fine. Not sure I'd do it unless I could get it replaced under insurance if I had to replace the windshield (rock chips/cracks are a real problem here ☹).

Mac n Nevada

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Clubs

I only did the front side windows, not the windshield. Based on the side windows, which haven't changed color at all, I would assume a clear front windshield film (in 3M, at least) would be fine. Not sure I'd do it unless I could get it replaced under insurance if I had to replace the windshield (rock chips/cracks are a real problem here ☹).

I'm sorry, it was somebody else who spoke about doing the front windshield, tequila got in my eye and I mis quoted....

Believe me, driving an FJ 400 miles up and down the 5 Freeway two or three times a year, I know all about rock chips... :(

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
I can tell this is a passionate subject to you, however, I did say "in my opinion."

And in the end isn't this place for Bronco enthusiasts to share their opinions?

I, personally, don't see the need for it. Obviously some people do. Since Ford has been sticking the exact same thing (with updates of course) on the outside of their cars for over 40 years, it must be something some people like.

And yes, it's been roughly the same stick on key pad for the last decade. And virtually the same tacked on garbage since Ford first offered it on the T-bird over 40 years ago.

Enjoy your keypad. I will enjoy my clean looking Bronco. Yours will be pretty too.
...The ones on the 4 doors are invisible until you touch them...great feature ..you can leave the fob in the vehicle and go to the beach...with no fear of losing it...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
...The ones on the 4 doors are invisible until you touch them...great feature ..you can leave the fob in the vehicle and go to the beach...with no fear of losing it...
Probably not the 4dr Bronco.

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

I'm sorry, it was somebody else who spoke about doing the front windshield, tequila got in my eye and I mis quoted....

Believe me, driving an FJ 400 miles up and down the 5 Freeway two or three times a year, I know all about rock chips... :(
I mentioned the front only based on the recommendation of the installer in the YouTube video - Ceramic Tint Coating on Windshield

I have not done it and only heard of it on this thread by @TwoTone . I've always opted for factory privacy glass.

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
It's okay if you don't understand. It's just an instagram handle. Why do you think you see Bronco6g.com on every picture on this forum? It's because people don't know how to give credit when they use it.
I do understand. I was just playing around.

Thanks for the pics.

vrtical

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

Whats more comical is you can use FordPass to lock/unlock your vehicle unless you lock that in the truck too

Advertisement

Advertisement