YEGDriver

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Clubs

I can understand why people like the convenience of using the keypad, but I still remember my only experience with one was a number of years back when I was bored and just punching in some numbers at random on a friends vehicle managed to unlock it. I don't know the odds of that happening, but once was enough to make me never trust giving someone an easy way to open my vehicle.

FourHorses

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I think you have it backwards. Privacy glass is offered on the Big Bend. The pre-production showed tinted glass, but regular Base production won't have privacy glass.
I know. That's what I meant. The base units we have seen on other threads have had tinted windows. I know the bases do not.

For instance, this one.
Base 2021 Bronco Iconic Silver Steel Wheels 2 .jpg

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

No not even close. Far and away the vast majority have been integrated and hard wired. The best implementation has been like this:

13147e680bbb52b09a175d8070ae2a8c.jpg
Does anyone know with certainty whether the 4-dr will have the keypad integrated in the B-pillar? Whereas the absence of a B-pillar in the 2-dr, Ford had to fallback on to the sticky pad.

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

I know. That's what I meant. The base units we have seen on other threads have had tinted windows. I know the bases do not.

For instance, this one.
Base 2021 Bronco Iconic Silver Steel Wheels 2 .jpg
Sorry about the clarification. I misread your post. That is the problem with these Franken-Broncos, differing expectations based on what is seen versus what is on the spec sheet.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I have to have the keypad but holy fuck that one sucks.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 13 Explorer XLT, 97 Jeep Wrangler

Me 2 !!!!!!

Use the shit out of it on my F-150 and Explorer, especially when I leave the keys in the house and have to get in one of them. ;)

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

Does anyone know with certainty whether the 4-dr will have the keypad integrated in the B-pillar? Whereas the absence of a B-pillar in the 2-dr, Ford had to fallback on to the sticky pad.
Interesting idea. I suspect they'll be the same.

There's nothing wrong with having it on the door panel as long as it's recessed and hard wired. Even the 90s explorer's version looks better than what they did to the poor Ranger and now us.

unnamed (1).jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement