First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope that keypad is fully an option and not included in any packages. I certainly don't want it.
Option packages? It’s a Base model Bronco, I don’t think they get to add any package except Sasquatch.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Option packages? It’s a Base model Bronco, I don’t think they get to add any package except Sasquatch.
That doesn't mean it's not on there as a testing feature and not something that can even be on a base to begin with. My point is I wouldn't want it in any package so if I get a mid package I wouldn't want to see that thing on there.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty useless feature in my opinion had a Ford that had it, never used it once in 80k miles.
202,000 on my King Ranch and have never used it once either ,LOL . I'd prefer a cleaner looking door also .

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have to have the keypad but holy fuck that one sucks.
Yes, yes it does. See post #32 in this thread for further information on how hard and deep this keypad is going to suck you. Or suck for you. Or, well you get it,

It won't be hard wired. That takes a separate door skin, wiring harness and labor. This is double-sided-tape.

Wait... this thing is wireless? Why would you need it if you have the FordPass Connect?

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...connected-car/download-fordpass-connect.html#

No Keypad for me. I'll use the App. (Apple Smart Watch)
You technically don't need it as long as you have the app. In our experience with FordPassConnect and the 2019 Ranger, the app is slow enough that we just use the key fob.

BREAKING NEWS: it’s 2020
THANK YOU! How many people are just not getting this? With inflation (only), a $30K vehicle in 2000 is $45K in today's dollars. Ironically, that's about the average cost of this vehicle with some options!

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotta have em! How else you gonna know that Bronco so finsta!? It's so finsta it's cray...

That's what it says, right?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I knew for certain it would fit cleanly and have the range to still work I would put it inside my fuel filler door and be good with that

Sponsored

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It should be noted that on the other thread that has more models being produced, NONE of them have a keypad. I didn’t think that was even a thing for the bronco

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, yes it does. See post #32 in this thread for further information on how hard and deep this keypad is going to suck you. Or suck for you. Or, well you get it,

It won't be hard wired. That takes a separate door skin, wiring harness and labor. This is double-sided-tape.

You technically don't need it as long as you have the app. In our experience with FordPassConnect and the 2019 Ranger, the app is slow enough that we just use the key fob.

THANK YOU! How many people are just not getting this? With inflation (only), a $30K vehicle in 2000 is $45K in today's dollars. Ironically, that's about the average cost of this vehicle with some options!
Ya I’m fully aware how shitty that keypad is. I guess I held out hope they wouldn’t put that piece of shit on the Bronco. FordPass is slow and clunky. Give me a functional keypad that doesn’t look like gen 1992, I use it everyday.

Rpx2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks European. Maybe that's the "Russia" edition. It's the only one they're allowed to buy and only color.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you have it backwards. Privacy glass is offered on the Big Bend. The pre-production showed tinted glass, but regular Base production won't have privacy glass.
Often wonder about that, why a unique run of glass for one model just out of spite. Doubt it saves any substantial Ford money, I guess they make it back by pushing folks to Bend.