First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can tell this is a passionate subject to you, however, I did say "in my opinion."

And in the end isn't this place for Bronco enthusiasts to share their opinions?

I, personally, don't see the need for it. Obviously some people do. Since Ford has been sticking the exact same thing (with updates of course) on the outside of their cars for over 40 years, it must be something some people like.

And yes, it's been roughly the same stick on key pad for the last decade. And virtually the same tacked on garbage since Ford first offered it on the T-bird over 40 years ago.

Enjoy your keypad. I will enjoy my clean looking Bronco. Yours will be pretty too.
...The ones on the 4 doors are invisible until you touch them...great feature ..you can leave the fob in the vehicle and go to the beach...with no fear of losing it...
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
...The ones on the 4 doors are invisible until you touch them...great feature ..you can leave the fob in the vehicle and go to the beach...with no fear of losing it...
Probably not the 4dr Bronco.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sorry, it was somebody else who spoke about doing the front windshield, tequila got in my eye and I mis quoted....

Believe me, driving an FJ 400 miles up and down the 5 Freeway two or three times a year, I know all about rock chips... :(
I mentioned the front only based on the recommendation of the installer in the YouTube video - Ceramic Tint Coating on Windshield

I have not done it and only heard of it on this thread by @TwoTone . I've always opted for factory privacy glass.

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's okay if you don't understand. It's just an instagram handle. Why do you think you see Bronco6g.com on every picture on this forum? It's because people don't know how to give credit when they use it.
I do understand. I was just playing around.

Thanks for the pics.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whats more comical is you can use FordPass to lock/unlock your vehicle unless you lock that in the truck too

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whats more comical is you can use FordPass to lock/unlock your vehicle unless you lock that in the truck too
but then you have to carry your phone around and that sucks too. I hate my phone, I’m on it right now.

Sponsored

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I'm super late here, but I have the stick-on keyboard on my 2019 Ranger. I absolutely, absolutely HATE IT

It looks terrible, the "feel" is off, and there is a delay because it's essentially a keyfob stuck to your door, just sending a wireless signal. I miss the wired, integrated keypad from, oh...EVERY other Ford vehicle I've ever driven.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These stick on keypads are universal to Ford products. They are simply a battery powered transmitter, like the keyfobs.

Ford Keyless Entry Keypad

That being said, I had this feature on a 2004 Explorer back in the day. I never used it except to verify the code that was written on the owners manual was in fact the right code. I'm not a fan of these because there is no security feature that limits how many attempts you can do to figure out the correct code. My 11 year old stepson was able to get in the locked Explorer in about 3 minutes by simply punching in codes until he got the correct one.

My tangentially related rant is we wouldn't want this feature if keyfobs have not become the size of hand grenades. My 2012 JK did not have keyless entry (or power windows or power door locks for that matter) so it didn't have a huge keyfob, just a normalish sized transponder key:
jeep-sentry-key-72.jpg

I never once wished it had keyless entry. Its kind of a moot point if the doors are never on ;)

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New to off-roading here... I know what mud flaps do, but do I really need them?? What do you guys think?

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes intelligent access comes with midpack.

It's pretty much two different ways of accomplishing the same thing. Although, as you said, with the keypad you can leave the keys inside.

Look at the keypad on any Ford made in the last decade. That's what you'll get.

Pretty useless feature in my opinion had a Ford that had it, never used it once in 80k miles.
Used mine quite a bit at the beach. And no, this isn't how its been done lately. My 2016 F150 and even my now gone 2009 Ford Flex have it integrated/hidden/padless into the black B Pillar.
Sponsored