Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can confirm some things on this assuming these are the same vehicles that were in Cleveland and Buffalo...

1. The Badlands is the Area 51 and the First Edition is the Cactus Gray. OP has these listed backwards.
2. The Area 51 Badlands is non-sasquatch with the optional MT Goodyear Tires (33")
3. Neither vehicle has the MGV. The Badlands has the optional leather. I checked and it was carpet underneath the floor liners. Hence no washout floors = no MGV.
Sponsored

OP
OP
F OR D

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same, updated the post and swapped the colors.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pittsburgh

Ha, I go tomorrow afternoon! I called Schultz and they said " This event is like a festival and we couldn't get you registered. My dealer was going to send the link and never did. LOL I pulled site up on my cpu and got registered.

Razz589

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got back from the Pittsburgh event today and after finally seeing a Bronco in person I was very impressed and drove away hoping my early AM 7/14 WildTrak reservation arrives as a 2021.

A few observations and opinions:
  • 4 door FE was spot on. Side and hood stripes made a difference IMO.
  • Cactus gray looked very nice, grey with a slight hint of mint green but imho you will be very happy if you chose this color.
  • Area 51 BL was nice as well but liked the Cactus better. Wife didn’t care for either color, good thing I ordered white.
  • Although 33’s on the BL looked proportional the SAS/35 combo takes it to another level. SAS flares didn’t look too big in person.
  • Got to listen to BO sound system in both vehicles and felt for a factory sound system and the open air environment we were in that it was probably money well spent in getting Lux. The sub is barely noticeable from a physical standpoint and seemed to have some authority, time will tell when one can compare to the standard stereo system.
  • The radio/climate control knobs to me look cheap maybe dated is a better word.
  • At 6’1” I had to have the seat all the way back and for some reason and maybe it was due to the BL having a clutch pedal the FE seemed to have more leg room than the BL? My wife and another person there felt the same. Odd
  • It was a good step up to get in even at 6’ 1”. Wife commented it needed a running board and she is 5’ 6”
  • The honey comb on the underside of the hood was not evident as I had seen in other pics.
  • Rear seat is tight...this is really a 4 seater IMO
  • I needed to really duck my head getting in and out especially the back doors due to what I believe is the structure supporting the vehicle and having frameless windows.
  • Tons of headroom with the soft tops, hoping MIC is similar.
  • Center console has an odd placed button to push in instead of the pull up lever that I am use to.
  • Now the biggie: BL 16.0: avg mpg, FE Trip A 15.7 mpg. These numbers came up on the dash screen which by the way is really big and a has lot going on.
Overall a nice event with knowledgeable staff.
If you get a chance I recommend seeing one in person. My wait just became more agonizing in a very good way!

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got back from the Pittsburgh event today and after finally seeing a Bronco in person I was very impressed and drove away hoping my early AM 7/14 WildTrak reservation arrives as a 2021.

A few observations and opinions:
  • 4 door FE was spot on. Side and hood stripes made a difference IMO.
  • Cactus gray looked very nice, grey with a slight hint of mint green but imho you will be very happy if you chose this color.
  • Area 51 BL was nice as well but liked the Cactus better. Wife didn’t care for either color, good thing I ordered white.
  • Although 33’s on the BL looked proportional the SAS/35 combo takes it to another level. SAS flares didn’t look too big in person.
  • Got to listen to BO sound system in both vehicles and felt for a factory sound system and the open air environment we were in that it was probably money well spent in getting Lux. The sub is barely noticeable from a physical standpoint and seemed to have some authority, time will tell when one can compare to the standard stereo system.
  • The radio/climate control knobs to me look cheap maybe dated is a better word.
  • At 6’1” I had to have the seat all the way back and for some reason and maybe it was due to the BL having a clutch pedal the FE seemed to have more leg room than the BL? My wife and another person there felt the same. Odd
  • It was a good step up to get in even at 6’ 1”. Wife commented it needed a running board and she is 5’ 6”
  • The honey comb on the underside of the hood was not evident as I had seen in other pics.
  • Rear seat is tight...this is really a 4 seater IMO
  • I needed to really duck my head getting in and out especially the back doors due to what I believe is the structure supporting the vehicle and having frameless windows.
  • Tons of headroom with the soft tops, hoping MIC is similar.
  • Center console has an odd placed button to push in instead of the pull up lever that I am use to.
  • Now the biggie: BL 16.0: avg mpg, FE Trip A 15.7 mpg. These numbers came up on the dash screen which by the way is really big and a has lot going on.
Overall a nice event with knowledgeable staff.
If you get a chance I recommend seeing one in person. My wait just became more agonizing in a very good way!
I went into the event lets say 6/10 excitement. I left the event 5/10? I was not like drooling over the vehicle by any means. I have a 14 JKU so they were very comparable. Your observations are on par with mine.

1. Headroom is nice notable for me comparing to my JKU
  2. Im 5'8 on a good day, back seat I can sit comfy and have at least 4/5 inches of knee space.
  3. The speakers will need to be upgraded on all trim lvls if you did not get the BO system. I took some photos of the speaker locations. On that note, I am comparing my JKU system and my open air experiences. The stock speakers in any jeep are trash. Spend the extra on the Apline upgrade its worth it. I DO NOT KNOW WHY FORD PUT 4-speakers in this car the BO system has 8? ( 3 dash, 2 foot well, 2 crash bar with a sub in the back). . On that note I do see potential in aftermarket speakers in the bronco. The crash bar speakers can be swapped out for a 6in or higher with a new enclosure. and maybe the footwell speakers. I spent a lot of time looking and thinking about this area because no one has really covered it and I had to upgrade my JKU for a more pleasurable experience driving the jeep

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the B&O sound system is decent. I had a B&O in my Audi and was quite happy with it.

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm some things on this assuming these are the same vehicles that were in Cleveland and Buffalo...

1. The Badlands is the Area 51 and the First Edition is the Cactus Gray. OP has these listed backwards.
2. The Area 51 Badlands is non-sasquatch with the optional MT Goodyear Tires (33")
3. Neither vehicle has the MGV. The Badlands has the optional leather. I checked and it was carpet underneath the floor liners. Hence no washout floors = no MGV.
All correct if these are the same ones that were in Buffalo. Also, easy to tell it is leather seats in the A51 Badlands (the one I sat in) because it has the rear center armrest cupholders -dead giveaway.

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The front seats are power - that means they are leather. Badlands MGV seats come manual adjust only. Assuming these are the same ones that were in Buffalo. They look like it. Makes sense - drive from Buffalo to Cleveland- then Pittsburgh- then West Virginia.
Sponsored