RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "blackout wheels" are 8.5" width, +30mm offset wheels, necessary to mount the 315 width Sas tires. These require the wider fender flares.

The same wheels are on all Sas builds... WT and FE get Black beauty rings, regular Sas upgrade gets Silver.

The optional BL wheels are 8" width, +55mm offset with a slightly different spoke design and Carbonized Gray beauty rings. These are for 285 width and narrower for use with the narrower flares.
Thanks! Iā€™m going to a PA event at the end of the month, so maybe Iā€™ll get to see both of these
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Iā€™m going to a PA event at the end of the month, so maybe Iā€™ll get to see both of these
I've got a standard BL on order, and am 99% confident that's what I want... but I need to see one compared to a Sas to close that last 1% gap.

I've been frantically reloading the local events to me (2+ hours away) in hopes that I'll get a spot and they'll have what I want to see.

Good luck with your event!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a standard BL on order, and am 99% confident that's what I want... but I need to see one compared to a Sas to close that last 1% gap.
If I were you I wouldn't seek them out unless you don't mind ponying up the extra dollars for Sas.....I saw them sitting next to each other this week and it's a no brainer which one to go with when you see them like that, and it'll cost you.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were you I wouldn't seek them out unless you don't mind ponying up the extra dollars for Sas.....I saw them sitting next to each other this week and it's a no brainer which one to go with when you see them like that, and it'll cost you.
Appreciated, but I'm the guy who's running 285/75r17s on his JK because I felt the 315s were just too goofy looking...

...so because that's my aesthetic, I'm not going to go with Sas just because 35's are "better"... but rather, if it looks "correct" in my eyes... and since I've never actually seen a Bronco in person, I don't know yet.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Last edited:

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you specifically talking about 4 door? I think 35/sas for 4 door but that BL optional wheels on 33 will look good?

I have not seen it in person (yet) and there are no 2 doors at these events.

On Jeeps, I have always that 35s look best on 4 doors but 33s are ok. On 2 doors, I think 33s are better proportioned.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you specifically talking about 4 door? I think 35/sas for 4 door but that BL optional wheels on 33 will look good?

I have not seen it in person (yet) and there are no 2 doors at these events.

On Jeeps, I have always that 35s look best on 4 doors but 33s are ok. On 2 doors, I think 33s are better proportioned.
Yes, I saw 4 doors....and I agree on the Jeep comparison.

Reactions: BD1
OP
OP
F OR D

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After in person 4D and seeing the 2D photos here's my final take on SAS looks and base capabilities, not technical trail functionalities.

You're going to love it regardless of what you select. Spend what you are comfortable with and add the rest later if you need or want it. So many options and aftermarket to come that lifts/tunes/etc will cover (most) gaps.

• SAS makes 4D look a little bigger. Not needed as much for 2D to fill out.
  • BL is basically SAS. Only 6G lurkers will know the difference.
  • Non-SAS will be big. They aren't undersized, under-proportioned, or SUV like.
  • People are splitting hairs and specs because we're bored and anxious.
  • If you ride technical/rocks you already know and spec'd what you need. Carry on.

OP
OP
F OR D

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was it MGV? Not sure how I missed that...

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After in person 4D and seeing the 2D photos here's my final take on SAS looks and base capabilities, not technical trail functionalities.

You're going to love it regardless of what you select. Spend what you are comfortable with and add the rest later if you need or want it. So many options and aftermarket to come that lifts/tunes/etc will cover (most) gaps.

• SAS makes 4D look a little bigger. Not needed as much for 2D to fill out.
  • BL is basically SAS. Only 6G lurkers will know the difference.
  • Non-SAS will be big. They aren't undersized, under-proportioned, or SUV like.
  • People are splitting hairs and specs because we're bored and anxious.
  • If you ride technical/rocks you already know and spec'd what you need. Carry on.
Where have you been the last 9 months or so?
How dare you roll up in here with common sense talk, calm demeanor, and logical words!?
*can we clone you? Please?

OP
OP
F OR D

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, really wanted to drive the Bronco not the sport. MGV was so good I thought it was leather. Agree with stitching. I will say the plastic accents were loud but ok. Would prefer options instead of the color since it may not match body paint. Overall impressed and also glad I stopped by...

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was it MGV? Not sure how I missed that...
I just came from the same event, and the Ford reps there said the BL was not MGV. Not sure I buy that, as I don't think all black leather is an option on BL. Of course, they are both pre-production...
Sponsored