Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully this isn't as big of a disaster as 'We're changing our hard top supplier and the new tops won't be available until 2023'.
I’d be surprised if it isn’t far off from that. I think it’ll be mid ‘22 at best.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just about done with the first generation Bronco! I might have to buy a used vehicle and circle back around in 3-4 years.

52B881B1-DF50-4909-8AB9-FA97B2B8F973.jpeg

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Expecting that this is going to push nearly everything but FEs to 22 and probably involve a new supplier for the hard tops. And probably no option to change order to switch to soft tops, because they won't be able to fulfill with current supply chain.
Painful, but makes sense.

Actually, my biggest concern with this is how it impacts other tweaks to the vehicle for MY22 and MY23 - and potentially the planned MY22 options.

We've long heard some fixes were coming (roof rack with Sasquatch, whistling grille fix for certain trims) and there's a list of small improvements that many have been hoping for (back of rear seat needs to match the rest of washout interior, including adjustable headrests and fold down arm rest in interiors other than leather, etc.).

Really hoping that Ford doesn't become so hyper-focused on the top issues and backlog that they ignore these issues for a year or two.

Then there are a few big options that were supposed to become available for MY22, like the manual Sasquatch so many wanted. Pushing something like that back would be an even bigger problem.

Sponsored

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum any indication about those of us with VINs for a MIC that have been pushed back 5 times? Will Ford automatically change us to soft top with the kit?

And thanks as always for the info! I hope you and you’re family have a great time in NOLA!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.