indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you sure about that? They announced that there would be a diesel at the JL launch event in 2017. Im a Jeep and a Ford guy so I can be honest about Jeeps problems. The ecodiesel was out of production for three years because of quality issues.
But key thing is Jeep launched the JL. And without year in advance reservation schemes. Jeep delivered somewhere around 240,000 JLs the first year.

Contrary to what some here believe, advanced reservations and orders are not required to launch a vehicle. And it bit Ford in the behind, when they could not deliver.

I'd love if Ford went to a more traditional vehicle release (confirm the vehicle is ready for prime time and then release it). But unfortunately Ford seems all-in on their reservation model going forward.

You can now have a hat-trick of 3 reservations - but no vehicle from Ford (Bronco, Maverick, F150 Lightning).
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So it's apparent that they've charted out their solution to the MIC issue. It's painful and it's going to contribute to some ugly headlines over the next few days, but it's the most responsible solution.

If you're low on booze, pick yourself up something good to get you through a few rough days.

Incidentally, my wife and I will be in NoLa for a long weekend... don't be alarmes by my silence.

Bottoms up, buckle up.

More added:

MIC info will be released soon enough.

Also, as of today "full speed" production has been delayed indefinitely, as Rangers will far outweigh Broncos on final at least thru the planned MY21 run. Bronco's dedicated body shop has been sandbagged to spread work between both shifts.
unless you're bringing receipts, please be wary of starting doomscrolling threads like this.

xoxo
-the whole forum.

Fuck. He's got receipts.

Itsmeclooney

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well crap. Just a few hours ago I dropped my black diamond down to a base since I've really fallen for that Velocity Blue. With the rumors that is gonna drop of in '22 I'm not as hyped as I should be. Crazy that a first 24 hour reservation won't see a bronco until at least '22

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is Friday bad news email coming?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then there are a few big options that were supposed to become available for MY22, like the manual Sasquatch so many wanted. Pushing something like that back would be an even bigger problem.
The one reason I actually did push my order back for. Don’t step on my last hope and dream!

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tbh... They should just send what they got.. Bad top okay baindaid it till they drop ship your new top in 2030.. Some tops may be less than desirable but still function. I for one would take a bad top if I knew I would be getting a replacement sometime later. Not a big deal If it keeps the elements out.

Cuz all those Broncos just sitting in a lot unchecked from the elements will have more issues.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess as long as my reservation time stamp will mean something at the end of all this then I'm not too upset. It's not like I will be driving around seeing a bunch of 2 door BLs on the road wondering where mine is.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this whole experience has been like an abusive relationship where you hope the abusive partner will suddenly stop being an abusive alcoholic out of the blue. Ford - get your S#!! together. Is this why they're sending us a 22 lb apology package through 10Ten marketing? to try to make us forget that they just bashed our head through the sheetrock again? Oh, AND you took away Velocity Blue? I'm beginning to hope that Ford goes bankrupt and shuts down completely

Status
Not open for further replies.