Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it's apparent that they've charted out their solution to the MIC issue. It's painful and it's going to contribute to some ugly headlines over the next few days, but it's the most responsible solution.

If you're low on booze, pick yourself up something good to get you through a few rough days.

Incidentally, my wife and I will be in NoLa for a long weekend... don't be alarmes by my silence.

Bottoms up, buckle up.
Enjoy NOLA...love the Frenchman St. jazz clubs, and Fritzel's in the French Quarter!
Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Summary is: (my guess) - We are going to only produce MIC tops for First Editions in 2021 until we can find and produce new hard tops with a new manufacturing partner. The only other units produced in 2021 will be Soft Tops. We will give customers until September first to change their order to a soft top and potentially get their Bronco in 2021. Otherwise, produced soft top orders will go to dealer stock. Stay Pumped.

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So it's apparent that they've charted out their solution to the MIC issue. It's painful and it's going to contribute to some ugly headlines over the next few days, but it's the most responsible solution.

If you're low on booze, pick yourself up something good to get you through a few rough days.

Incidentally, my wife and I will be in NoLa for a long weekend... don't be alarmes by my silence.

Bottoms up, buckle up.
Tonight or tomorrow?

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Obviously the announcement is they will no longer produce hard tops until 2022. It’s not that hard to guess.
They are pretty much there. I think a lot of people already assumed this. Probably worse.

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should've never released the Bronco and taken orders until they were 100% ready for production and delivery. Jeep had no problem taking my money for my diesel Gladiator Rubicon with a painted hard top. Took a few weeks not years.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously the announcement is they will no longer produce hard tops until 2022. It’s not that hard to guess.
Yes, it’s not like they’re going to find some magic pixie dust that gives them a bunch of other options.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

VelocityGator

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it is everyone with a 21 order gets a soft top (INCLUDING 2 doors) regardless, then I’m ok with it. I have a 2 door order with a vin ( now pushed to September 13th week) and I’m pretty sure there was a soft top accessory option coming from Ford, so fingers crossed. I can live with a soft. The build week push back (second time) reminds me of Tom Hanks in the Money Pit. “2 weeks Fielding!”

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugly headlines = production stop I'm guessing (or extreme slow down)
My best guess is betting on cancelled orders that haven't been built yet..... And those with serial numbers can't change to a soft top anyhow. Because let's face it, with no mic tops there's no chance of getting all the 2021 serial numbered mic tops made in 2021....
Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. goddammit-nsp

Last edited:

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncos sitting on dealer lots are about to sky rocket in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.