First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, so my bronco will be sitting in a dirt lot until 2022? This is my first Ford, and clearly a gamble that didn’t pay off.
Same here, unfortunately. First Ford after claiming to be Chevy guy my whole life.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So it's apparent that they've charted out their solution to the MIC issue. It's painful and it's going to contribute to some ugly headlines over the next few days, but it's the most responsible solution.

If you're low on booze, pick yourself up something good to get you through a few rough days.

Incidentally, my wife and I will be in NoLa for a long weekend... don't be alarmes by my silence.

Bottoms up, buckle up.

More added:

MIC info will be released soon enough.

Also, as of today "full speed" production has been delayed indefinitely, as Rangers will far outweigh Broncos on final at least thru the planned MY21 run. Bronco's dedicated body shop has been sandbagged to spread work between both shifts.

Thanks for the heads up Ross !! I'm ok even with bad news I just hate to be "strung" along. I prefer to just be told straight up what is going on. (y)(y)

Have a safe weekend. 🍻

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are all getting crushed and Bronco will be reintroduced in 2024 with a redesigned reservation to order system.
Honest to God, that would NOT surprise me.
Well, it makes some sense, so I guess it would surprise me if Ford actually did something sensible.

Now, do I buy a Super Duty or a non-Ford vehicle for the interim?
Will my 3rd hour reservation be re-instated?
My build is in purgatory.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess as long as my reservation time stamp will mean something at the end of all this then I'm not too upset. It's not like I will be driving around seeing a bunch of 2 door BLs on the road wondering where mine is.
This phrase has been the absolute worst thing about the Bronco release: "reservation time stamp".

Sponsored

TennesseePA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2008 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But key thing is Jeep launched the JL. And without year in advance reservation schemes. Jeep delivered somewhere around 240,000 JLs the first year.

Contrary to what some here believe, advanced reservations and orders are not required to launch a vehicle. And it bit Ford in the behind, when they could not deliver.

I'd love if Ford went to a more traditional vehicle release (confirm the vehicle is ready for prime time and then release it). But unfortunately Ford seems all-in on their reservation model going forward.

You can now have a hat-trick of 3 reservations - but no vehicle from Ford (Bronco, Maverick, F150 Lightning).
Are you sure about that? I reserved my Launch edition Gladiator quite some time before they started production. In fact the Gladiator was the first vehicle in my memory that had a reservation system like this.

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully it also involves suing Webasto for there incompetence. I understand Ford should have maybe been more on the ball with this too, but Webasto is a big very well respected supplier in the automotive industry. For then to have effed this up so spectacularly is shocking.
Give current purgatory builds free soft tops and free shipping by sueing webasto into the stone ages

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep . . . looks like our Aussie friend @txozpilot was right on pretty much . . .

Silver Lining -- now plenty of time to stock up "constrained commodities" - (except hardtops )

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the mean time I will continue to build up my Ford PassRewards, heck, by the time it gets here I may half it paid for with rewards.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My guess is that they have formally given up on getting anything that resembles an acceptable top from Webasto and will not be producing any hard top models for the next few months. Maybe no more 2021 hard tops at all? They need to go to Bestop with a dump truck full of money and request that they start producing 2 dr soft tops 24 / 7 for a few months.

This is my thought EXACTLY !!!!

Give us 2-door guys a chance to take a soft top so we can get it built. 🍻

Sponsored

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This sucks but on the bright side , hopefully they will get this shit figured out and whenever the hell we do get our Bronco's they will be correct and with solid tops and hopefully these other issues worked out. Plus the aftermarket is catching up and we all can just keep collecting the parts we want and when they arrive make them exactly how we want

....now I need to go get a drink and talk myself into what I just wrote

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it also involves suing Webasto for there incompetence. I understand Ford should have maybe been more on the ball with this too, but Webasto is a big very well respected supplier in the automotive industry. For then to have effed this up so spectacularly is shocking.
I have a co-worker that had 20+ years in with Ford Corporate. We were talking the other day and she said she wouldn’t want to be working for Webasto right now. It’s going to get ugly for them. She also is shocked it’s gotten this sideways.

@PREMiERdrum enjoy NOLA. I highly recommend Deannies in the French Quarter. Best seafood I’ve ever had.
And can’t forget Cafe du Monde.
I’m drooling thinking about it.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honest to God, that would NOT surprise me.
Well, it makes some sense, so I guess it would surprise me if Ford actually did something sensible.

Now, do I buy a Super Duty or a non-Ford vehicle for the interim?
Will my 3rd hour reservation be re-instated?
My build is in purgatory.
I can get you a SD in mid ‘22 :D If you like scat shows wait until Lightning drops. Will be a carbon copy of the Bronco launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.