First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i dont know about you guys but seems like the bronco was rushed out at the wrong time I mean with everything that has heppened and is happening just seams like ford keep tripping on they selfs.
Sponsored

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the people that put down deposits on demo units are sitting pretty?

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve heard it just might be an option presented to the parked Broncos.
I drive one last weekend, the A/C is good enough for Texas summer with a soft top. I say screw the falling apart hard top on mine, don't even need one in the future. At least with a soft top you can have the top all the way down and still have room to store the doors!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They need to find a way to ship my already built, and already paid for, 2021 2 Door Bronco. That simple. I operated in good faith, now it's their turn.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't understand the logic of "throw a soft top on it and just send it to me". What makes anyone think they have thousands of extra soft tops just laying around. Good luck with that. While I'm on the subject, people saying "well I'm glad I changed my order to 99" or "I can't believe I won't get mine until 2022" are assuming somehow MY22 will fix everything. Why? What makes us think everything will magically get fixed when they switch the production to next year? Ford can't fix this in a few weeks/months. The problems are not going away anytime soon.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem with switching to a soft top is asking a supplier who was prepared for a 10% take rate to immediately jump to a 100% take rate. They wouldn’t be able to meet demand either without significant time to spin up the increased production.
Unless they were part of the plan and have been stockpiling.

Whatever announcement comes this week has been in the works for a while.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They should've never released the Bronco and taken orders until they were 100% ready for production and delivery. Jeep had no problem taking my money for my diesel Gladiator Rubicon with a painted hard top. Took a few weeks not years.
There are not 150 thousand plus gladiators on order. That might be a factor on the timing between the two.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perhaps they can make acceptable MIC tops but they can't scale them. For example, at 80-100 a day quality tops they might fix what they have and finish out the FEs - over several months.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They need to find a way to ship my already built, and already paid for, 2021 2 Door Bronco. That simple. I operated in good faith, now it's their turn.
Already paid for please tell me more????

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would think they’d be blasting through soft tops now and still building at a high pace…but it sounds like they’re going to ramp down to a crawl anyway so it may not make a difference to switch for most. They could build every soft top this year if they held their current pace.
Where are all of these extra soft tops going to come from? They can't snap their fingers and produce thousands of extra soft tops in the next few weeks/months.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.