TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem with switching to a soft top is asking a supplier who was prepared for a 10% take rate to immediately jump to a 100% take rate. They wouldn’t be able to meet demand either without significant time to spin up the increased production.
Especially when the soft top supplier is also the hard top supplier you want to kick to the curb.
Sponsored

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well it’s true though sadly.
No, not really…not even close! I have a fleet of Ford trucks for my business. Have tried Dodge and GM too. Ford has ALWAYS been the lowest priced ownership and most reliable.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everytime bad news comes out, the value of MY21 Broncos go up. Dealers are already selling them for 20-25k over MSRP. At this rate, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re selling for 30k ADM by next week.

Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. 3FA23806-47BD-4916-AA5E-54807E6E061F

Sponsored

TheHitmanHenson

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Bronco has also been built. Day 1 reservation holder, current Ford employee. The news from down the street is leaky roofs. If that's the case, then the decision to park them all outside was probably an only option decision. Thank God for the marine grade vinyl units. As for the rest of us..... please, be gentle Ford, just the tip. We can't handle much more than that!

CZYHORSVA

Black Diamond
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68,96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dammit Ross! I think I'd rather be surprised than know something bad is coming!
I owned a college football website/message board for years and every damn one of them has a guy like Ross. This is hilarious to me.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why don’t they allow you to get one of the accessory tops added to your order in place of the factory top. I would gladly take one of the fastback soft tops.

TennesseePA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2008 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I know is that I have a new jeep in my driveway and it took a few weeks. I ordered my Bronco over 13 months ago.
Yes it took a few weeks, several years AFTER the actual launch. Like I said before the eco diesel was delayed at least two years in the JL. And more than that in the Ram trucks. History didn’t start when you placed your Jeep order or your Bronco order. Every car lot in the country is bare right now. I’d bet money that the other manufacturers forums are having the same conversations.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RE: all new hard top design and supplier.

They have already openly stated Webasto lost the MOD top contract and there is a new supplier for the Mod Tops ..... and just getting THOSE ready for my2023 is a HUGE, HUGE push development time-wise.

If you are thinking a replacement MIC from a new supplier will be available in 2 -3 - 6 months .... no fucking way.

MIC's & 2drs in purgatory may be VIN'd as hard tops, need to look into that. Because of that VIN coding, there may be only 2 choices, they may have to go to the scrapper ... or linger until a proper MIC is available.

It's sad really.
I'm betting the Bronco team is just as fucking crushed about this as we are, probably more so.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prediction:

Bronco shutdown for month+ as commodities replenish.

No more MIC for MY2021. You will be given the option to switch to soft top, but it doesn’t guarantee MY21. There will be no discount for purchasing a hardtop later. 2-door buyers will be given option to switch to Bestop soft top

All currently built and sitting Broncos will be fitted with soft tops (including 2-doors). Reservation holders on those VINS will be given option to purchase with soft tops. Otherwise, they go to dealership lots.

Ford will spin it as “We heard you, and know you’re excited to get yourself new Bronco. We want to make sure everything is up to par, so we’re going to back to drawing bird to give you the ULTIMATE removable hardtop. And for waiting just a bit longer, you will receive 200,000 Ford Pass Points, and a Ford windbreaker.”

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bet...

1. HT for FEs and current built units going forward, est delivery by Dec.

2. Soft top only for those with a VIN but not built, but you get HT connections and a future HT for free or discount.

3. No more VINs for 2021. Everyone else is 2022+ with new HT supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.