Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THIS! But Ford wanted the reservations for PR value. And people here lapped it up. Now Ford has a slew of reservations for Maverick and F150 Lightning. Probably some people here have those reserved as well, lol.
They are orders. I ordered a vehicle. Stop this nonsense.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The clues don't quite fit to me, but please someone let me know if I am offbase on my assumptions.

Most comments have the following as likely:
1. Ford is only going to build and ship First Editions with MICS for the rest of MY21.

2. For the rest of MY21, Ford will not build any more 2 doors or fix the bad batchers with MICS.

If that turns out to be correct, then they are putting suspect/unreliable MICS on their most expensive flagship MY21 model. Why not fix the bad batchers then and put MICS on them too?

That also means the bad batchers will sit for 6-9 months before being "fixed".
That is 250 million in inventory potentially ruined.

This is a solution??
My guess is they are getting some 'usable' MIC tops, but not enough to go around. Reading Ross comment sounds like a very long wait for the bad batchers. As he says we'll hear soon enough what's going on.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I take a nap for a few hours and 28 pages later. :) Oh goodie. Maybe a good thing I changed my order to a soft top now. Hope so at least.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did not switch to the soft top option because of the weather here in Colorado and using it as a daily driver / weekend wheeler. The soft top looks like an ass hat with the creased side windows. I'll wait for the solution. Probably a new mic top supplier to get up to speed. First year issues have been avoided ! I feel a little relief at this point in the shit show. The mic top issue should have been addressed 8 months ago in my opinion. I'm not pumped but disappointed at this point but I can wait for a better product in the end . Congratulations to the people who have received there prizes ! Please don't gloat !
I have the bronco and the soft top is awesome. Haven't gotten one complaint about it. Freaking love this thing.

Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Per Mike Levine some more info...
Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. Screenshot_20210811-210622_Twitter
Can anyone get him to discuss the already built purgatory models, 2dr specifically? I don’t social media

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3000 line jumpers gotta be feeling pretty smug right about now…..

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder if today's video of Bronco purgatory forced their hand. They're gonna need to build a 10,000 car enclosed warehouse/parking garage to hide their screw ups better in the future.

Sponsored

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I get pushed to MY22 a Ranger Tremor may be in my immediate future. I did reserve 7/14 but thinking even though I changed my order to soft top a couple months ago I'm still screwed. All the delays will surely keep pushing everything back. Is there a way to know if your order is pushed to MY22?

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if today's video of Bronco purgatory forced their hand. They're gonna need to build a 10,000 car enclosed warehouse/parking garage to hide their screw ups better in the future.
*protect their screw up

JLac_281

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2008 Crown Victoria P71 SAP
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At what point do we start calling this thing the “Edsel?”
My FE has been stuck in Production since 6/30.
I’d take a soft top on my FE if the damn thing would JUST SHIP.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If Ford sues Webasto and takes them to the cleaners over this, it could play out quite interestingly for all the other brands that use them for tops. Oh the ugly board-room schemes that could be cooked up over this lol!
Ford is going to have to spend a lot more money then planned to fix this issue. You can bet they'll try to get every last dime from Webasto that they can.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm unofficially out. I think Ford is just too much of a mess to even consider at this point. I am a Ford guy too. I traded a 2019 Ranger (That was preceded by a 2016 F-150 which followed a 2008 F-150) with small "teething" issues that no dealer would resolve on a 2020 Edge ST that has been at the dealer for 45 days out of our 4 months of ownership over a drive line clunk. Love the thing if it just worked as intended. We're gonna try for a buy back on the Edge, but are likely stuck with it for another year or two. We have a really nice F-150 loaner, but I think Ford seriously mis engineered the rear leaf (parabolic) springs just like they did on the Ranger, so I am ordering a Ram. I really think Ford's priority is in duping stock holders and not satisfying customers. Lightning, Maverick and Bronco reservations exceeded expectations!! Too bad they can't build them. No matter what happens, I'll always be a Ford guy who grew up bouncing around on late 70's and early 80's F-150 bench seats. I am just not letting brand loyalty influence my decision on this current state at Ford. They are lost.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.