mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will say I really enjoy the MIC top. I do think it’s a good design and easy to manage. When produced properly it’s a great top! Not sure why it’s so difficult to manufacture but once it’s dialed in I think the MIC top people will be happy. I will give a kudos to Ford for not sending out a faulty top despite the backlash.
I don't know that I agree, I find it hard to believe that there were no signs of trouble throughout the R&D, pre-production, and early production phases. Sure I guess it's good Ford didn't wait longer but this issue should have been handled months ago imo

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah Jeep rides a little to harsh on the roads going to check out 4Runners too.
I don’t know what you’re expecting, the Badlands I drove rode the same—maybe just slightly better—on the road as my JK (i.e. like a body on frame truck vs and Expedition or Grand Cherokee). Only difference was the precise steering.

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You guys get free swag incoming? You complain.
Ford finally is going to have transparency? You complain.
Ford fixes the problem everyone is worrying about? You complain.

I'd like to see what would make any of you happy. And if you say, "I just want my Bronco" with a straight face, I'd like to see how y'all have handled all the variables they dealt with, between pandemic, supply chain, unforeseen bad vendors, change in chief staff, and more.

Y'all are ungrateful and never pleased.

willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-veruca-salt.gif
Jeep produced and sold 69,000 Wranglers in the last 3 months. I’d have handled it like they did if I was Ford. They also will sell you a soft top on 2 and 4 door models. You’re making excuses for Ford completely bungling this launch, as they have nearly every launch they’ve made in the last few years.

Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Jeep produced and sold 69,000 Wranglers in the last 3 months. I’d have handled it like they did if I was Ford. They also will sell you a soft top on 2 and 4 door models. You’re making excuses for Ford completely bungling this launch, as they have nearly every launch they’ve made in the last few years.
this is a ridiculous comparison. Jeep has been producing their vehicle for years. They didn’t have any new surprises to overcome.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t forget about the condensation issues in the rear jack storage compartment, it’s a real thing I’ve seen it in person. It’s not a leak but condensation, it seems to build up under the floor liner in the rear. Not sure if it happens on the hard top but it most definitely does on the soft tops.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t forget about the condensation issues in the rear jack storage compartment, it’s a real thing I’ve seen it in person. It’s not a leak but condensation, it seems to build up under the floor liner in the rear. Not sure if it happens on the hard top but it most definitely does on the soft tops.
It has and still does happen on both hard top and soft top jeeps. My daughter's 07' hard top does it and so does everyone of her friends with a jk or jl.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what did Ford fix dude is there his going be that they won't build no more 2 door broncos for 2021 and you call a sticker and some lame art swag and what transparency you talking about ,GET OFF THE FORD KOOL-AID
Don't waste your time arguing with someone from San Fran......

Sponsored

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Specific to those with build dates that haven’t been built yet -

do we think there’s any chance of getting built in 2021 with a MIC top as ford limps to the finish line (those builds were recently pushed out to September and some in October) which gives me a glimmer of hope. That being option A….

Option B - They are provided an option to get built with a soft top

Option C - No alternative provided. Not getting built for 2021

Im guessing option C is most likely. With option B being fairly unlikely. And still dreaming option A has hope until we receive the official announcement.

What do you guys think?
As a guy with a vin and build dates pushed from June 6 to now Sept 20th, obviously I hope option A but I dont think there is a chance in hell it will ever happen. Im pretty sure we will all be getting them in 22 (especially those of us with 2 door builds). Im still holding out though. First time ford buyer here and most likely last.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
this is a ridiculous comparison. Jeep has been producing their vehicle for years. They didn’t have any new surprises to overcome.
It's actually not a ridiculous comparison. For example, Ford for whatever reason, decided not to offer a soft top on the 2-door. COVID or the other excuses didn't make Ford do that. And that decision has come to bite them.

Ford also decided to use an advanced reservation scheme and ordering, instead of a more traditional launch where the vehicle becomes available, when it is more ready. That ended up biting Ford, having ridiculous amount of early reservations and issues now supplying vehicles.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that I have every reason to complain, my vehicle is already paid in full and I have just made my second payment on a vehicle that I don't have in my driveway? I didn't have a supply issue, my cash was there, EARLY. So where do you get off telling me that I should give them a break, I didn't see anyone turning away my cash when they knew that they had some serious problems.

I know that you work at a dealership, and I am not holding the dealerships responsible, but this is definitely an issue that is the result of poor management - it's that simple. This should have been addressed EFFECTIVELY 6 months ago. Can you imagine if the military was held to the same standard.... we'd have the F-35 program... Oh... wait, we do... LOL.

Biggest difference, people get fired in the military for poor performance.
Question? Why did you “pay for it in full”? And if it’s paid in full, why you be making payments?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What new surprises are we talking about?

The surprise of PLANNING this thing out 2 years in advance?

The surprise of BEING PREPARED for launch?

Oh wait, I get it.... Ford didn't think this thing needed to ride on 4 tires!!

OK, now your statement makes sense.

And before you ask.... Mr. SuperFord.... I drive nothing BUT Fords. But obviously, @Ford Motor Company couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag when it comes to vehicle launches!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.