First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think they are going to clear out these purgatory Broncos and get the FEs done, while still pumping out some softies. I know everyone that has one sitting there now is not happy, but in a few weeks you will be part of a pretty rare group. There are about 100,000 of us that would trade places with you in a minute.
This does seem like the most reasonable way forward. Unfortunately, it leaves a lot of people in the air, all without parachutes.
Sponsored

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has and still does happen on both hard top and soft top jeeps. My daughter's 07' hard top does it and so does everyone of her friends with a jk or jl.
I feel better now. My Jeep TJ doesn’t but it’s a real Jeep (my 11 year old daughters words, not mine).

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, that was always sorta assumed, Ross wouldn't have phrased that way unless it was way worse, more like no hard tops until 2023 when mod tops come out.
Yeah…this is seeming likely. My wife is vehemently against a soft top. She wants a “real roof.” We will see how this goes.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My "temporary" Tremor purchase is getting better every day.
Just playing with it on b&p. It’s tempting and the price is close enough for me….
Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. 845ADA8D-FA44-4362-9ED1-314E54C9A480
Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. 92BE957F-D96A-4E1A-88EF-89C65F293758
Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. 5EFCF351-421F-4FE3-84B3-9676342D734C

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ed​
I think they are going to clear out these purgatory Broncos and get the FEs done, while still pumping out some softies. I know everyone that has one sitting there now is not happy, but in a few weeks you will be part of a pretty rare group. There are about 100,000 of us that would trade places with you in a minute.
i hope so because mine was built last week and have not heard a peep. So I know mine is sitting in a lot.

Sponsored

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are broncos going

Yeah…this is seeming likely. My wife is vehemently against a soft top. She wants a “real roof.” We will see how this goes.
There’s a LOT of mass market appeal to a hardtop. Just like the significant majority sold will be 4 doors, I’d be willing to bet a significant majority would be hard tops if they weren’t bad. As in all things automotive, the mass market floats the enthusiasts, and the mass market prefers a hard top for a multitude of reasons.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question? Why did you “pay for it in full”? And if it’s paid in full, why you be making payments?
It's paid in full by my bank (USAA), I elected to use the 2% interest rate offered to allow me to invest in funds with a higher return... not hard to do.

Second, as noted elsewhere, when you order through Military Auto Source (which is an base exchange program that supposedly is to benefit the service member), you must provide all funds 30 days (or more) in advance of the delivery.

I think that covers it pretty concisely. The bottom line is that my Bronco is paid for and my Bronco has been built, so why hasn't it been shipped???

Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 22-51-05 Military AutoSource (MAS) Official Site Shop Your Military B

Last edited:

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everyone wants their new Bronco and are getting impatient, understandable. Do you know what it takes to release a new model? Plus dealing with the pandemic bullshit and supplier issues. Could anyone predict there would be problems with the MIC tops....probably not. Should there have been better quality control...absolutely. When did production start? about a month ago? You know there would be issues that have to be worked out which is why I took the advice and not charged in to get a first year model.

Don't worry, you'll get your Bronco's......eventually ;) which will bring me one step closer to getting mine :p

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will say I really enjoy the MIC top. I do think it’s a good design and easy to manage. When produced properly it’s a great top! Not sure why it’s so difficult to manufacture but once it’s dialed in I think the MIC top people will be happy. I will give a kudos to Ford for not sending out a faulty top despite the backlash.
my bet is they went with that honeycomb design for weight reduction and it is proving too difficult to make and going to more traditional methods will result in a heavier top and throw their gvwr’s all out of whack. If you recall certain accessories were not allowed because they increased the gvwr too much, I wonder if this is part of the issue?

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's paid in full by my bank (USAA), I elected to use the 2% interest rate offered to allow me to invest in funds with a higher return... not hard to do.

Second, as noted elsewhere, when you order through Military Auto Source (which is an base exchange program that supposedly is to benefit the service member), you have to have provided all funds 30 days (or more) in advance of the delivery.

I think that covers it pretty concisely. The bottom line is that my Bronco is paid for and my Bronco has been built, so why hasn't it been shipped???

Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 22-51-05 Military AutoSource (MAS) Official Site Shop Your Military B
Yeah, so why did you pay for it in full before getting it? Not sure what you are complaining about, I would keep that to myself but it’s too late for that.

Sponsored

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everyone wants their new Bronco and are getting impatient, understandable. Do you know what it takes to release a new model? Plus dealing with the pandemic bullshit and supplier issues. Could anyone predict there would be problems with the MIC tops....probably not. Should there have been better quality control...absolutely. When did production start? about a month ago? You know there would be issues that have to be worked out which is why I took the advice and not charged in to get a first year model.

Don't worry, you'll get your Bronco's......eventually ;) which will bring me one step closer to getting mine :p
Ford could. It’s why they offered the liner months ago - they knew there were problems. Also that’s LITERALLY THEIR WHOLE JOB. Design a product that works in the use case they designed it for. What on earth do you mean no one could predict problems? And again, COVID has hit the entire industry hard yet Ford had YEARS to plan this launch and screwed it up. Again, 69,000 wranglers this quarter and COVID and supply chain issues hit them too.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, so why did you pay for it in full before getting it? Not sure what you are complaining about, I would keep that to myself but it’s too late for that.
Because through that program you HAVE to pay 30 days prior to delivery... What part of that doesn't get through to you???

I will add that the major advantage of using the program was that I was able to get a Bronco allocation without having a reservation. So there is that one notable benefit.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the pictures I've seen it looks like the shitty edges of the MIC allow exposure of the paper honeycomb. My guess is even one small spot of paper could potentially wick through the entire shell so your Bronco top has a nice ooey-gooey-nougaty center! :p Ford fucked up assuming these cunts at Webasto had their shit squared away.

Reality on reality's terms: It doesn't fucking matter, we are in this situation and have to wait for some Rock Stars to fix it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.