First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know about Ford, but Nissan's version of it from the factory was good. I'm happy to get it for less than $300 from the factory for the Bronco. I'd see vehicles in for service and they held up fine.

To whoever complained about it getting used up, they are meant to be removed at some point and you can have another installed. That's... the whole point.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just going to say, if the paint film causes a GVWR problem, what is it made of? For the kind of coverage I am picturing from their words (leading edges), that should be a few ounces at most. I could wrap my head around the roof rack causing a GVWR problem, that is probably 40-50 lbs, plus the 110lbs you can carry up there, and the weight is all in a terrible place for vehicle stability, but a quarter pound of plastic film on the front of the hood and fenders? Really? If that is a problem, they must also ban the floor liners, right?
But yet it’ll allow me to add the winch & mount to my 4dr BL, 2.7, hardtop, lux package etc.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the ford film on my f150 in places and its held up well in all the offroading and driving I do. Now If I could find something for my windshield to stop cracked windshields that would be even better!

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had 3m Pro ,Suntek Ultra ,Xpel Ultra and they all work great. My grabber blue mustang GT is 100% covered and you would never know.
Do you mind sharing the price for the work?

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got PPF installed on my M2 right after I picked it up from the performance center. Over 2.5 years later I'm really happy with it.

For what it cost I'm willing to get it on my Bronco, and am glad they're offering it.

I haven't had any issues adding it on B&P, but I'm mostly configuring 2DR lower trim models (BB & Base).

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

There is a good shop in Upland CA. it all comes down to how much your having done. most of the time to do the front end with lights is around $600-$700. much cleaner install with better products.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For my wife’s grand cherokee, shops wanted around $750, with the full front end package and up on the hood trimmed around the trailhawk decal it was closer to $1200.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

because of the grosss weight. but not on the 4-door. I will get the 3M stuff when they release it and it will likely offer better coverage and its easy to apply at half the cost
Are you doing it yourself or paying to get it installed?

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a local columbia sc PPF shop to quote PPF for the whole 4 door Bronco. The 4k quote was for SunTek Ultra installed on grill surround, Full hood, 4 side doors, fenders, lower rocker panel, A-pillar, and tailgate. Is this a fair price for a good certified installer? Is it really worth the price tag?

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got a local columbia sc PPF shop to quote PPF for the whole 4 door Bronco. The 4k quote was for SunTek Ultra installed on grill surround, Full hood, 4 side doors, fenders, lower rocker panel, A-pillar, and tailgate. Is this a fair price for a good certified installer? Is it really worth the price tag?

That price is not to bad. If your in the 3k-4k range. does that have the roof as well?

It all comes down to how you would like your car to look and how long your keeping it.

Some people don't see swirls in paint and minor rock chips and things like that. If your like that not worth it at all. But in your the type that all that stuff really stands out to you and you like your cars to have that New look for a long time then it maybe worth it to you.

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That price is not to bad. If your in the 3k-4k range. does that have the roof as well?

It all comes down to how you would like your car to look and how long your keeping it.

Some people don't see swirls in paint and minor rock chips and things like that. If your like that not worth it at all. But in your the type that all that stuff really stands out to you and you like your cars to have that New look for a long time then it maybe worth it to you.
I will have to get some clarification on what is covered. The quote said A- pillar and partial roof.

Paint swirls don’t bother me but rock chips and scratches do. I plan to actually take it on trails, forest roads, but I’m not going to abuse it on the difficult stuff.
Sponsored