Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are the color choices all the same type of paint? Or are some of the colors glossy and others matte (flat) or metallic?
Some of the pics I've seen of some of the colors make the paint look more flat, while other colors seem to be more traditional glossy automotive paint. Hard to tell if any of them are metallic (sparkly?) from pics. The paint on my Granite Crystal Jeep is metallic, but it's really only apparent in bright daylight. It's very subtle and understated - almost unnoticeable under most conditions.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are the color choices all the same type of paint? Or are some of the colors glossy and others matte (flat) or metallic?
Some of the pics I've seen of some of the colors make the paint look more flat, while other colors seem to be more traditional glossy automotive paint. Hard to tell if any of them are metallic (sparkly?) from pics. The paint on my Granite Crystal Jeep is metallic, but it's really only apparent in bright daylight. It's very subtle and understated - almost unnoticeable under most conditions.
Cyber orange and rapid red are metallic colors and actually cost more if you select them. Antimatter blue has metallic flake but don’t cost more

OP
OP
MyATV

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cyber orange and rapid red are metallic colors and actually cost more if you select them. Antimatter blue has metallic flake but don’t cost more
And the rest of the color choices would be more traditional glossy automotive-type paint? None of them are flat matte finish, right?

ATX Madridista

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Black Diamond Sasquatch V6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And the rest of the color choices would be more traditional glossy automotive-type paint? None of them are flat matte finish, right?
Correct. It is VERY rare for a car company to use an actual flat/matte paint as the maintenance is a lot harder to deal with. I’ve only seen super cars available is true matte finishes.
The “flat” colors we see on some of these and other trucks like Toyota’s are just gloss finishes over Flat colors.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Velocity Blue, Iconic Silver, and Carbonized Gray are also metallic paints.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct there are no flat matte finishes

OP
OP
MyATV

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Velocity Blue, Iconic Silver, and Carbonized Gray are also metallic paints.
Isn't that interesting. From the pics, I was convinced CG was flat/matte. I saw no gloss whatsoever. Thanks.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. It is VERY rare for a car company to use an actual flat/matte paint as the maintenance is a lot harder to deal with. I’ve only seen super cars available is true matte finishes.
The “flat” colors we see on some of these and other trucks like Toyota’s are just gloss finishes over Flat colors.
Harley-Davidson offers (offered?) a matte finish they called denim since about 2008, I believe, and I can't imagine the upkeep on those 10+ years later.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't that interesting. From the pics, I was convinced CG was flat/matte. I saw no gloss whatsoever. Thanks.
CG = Cactus Gray or Carbonized Gray here? ;)

OP
OP
MyATV

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs