First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally drove my new MY22 BL off the dealer lot last week. Since I live in the mid Atlantic region, I started researching online about paint protection and undercoating. Lots of good information, but not unlike most online material, different opinions galore, so thought I would pose a couple of questions on this forum:
1) would these after market application void any warranty on the vehicle?
2) are there preferred brands and/or applications?
3) what is the best undercoating to protect against salt/brine in the winter and salt water in the other three season (I plan on using on sand to surf fish the Atlantic)
Sponsored

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) Anything aftermarket will void a warranty if found to be the cause of the issue. That said, I can't think of anything PPF could do harm to.
2) Xpel brand is probably regarded as the best film on the market. VViViD is another that comes to mind. It's by 3M so I would trust it. Prepare to spend thousands though. I got a quote (DC area) and it was $3-4k. This wasn't even for the full vehicle.
3) I just do a quick wash after every over sand beach trip, so I don't have a good idea about undercoat protection.

Update on point 3... https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/warranty-denied-because-of-fluid-film-undercoating.55824/

Last edited:

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got my 4dr Wildtrak covered with ppf. All painted surfaces. Great job, Easy to clean now.
Sponsored