airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First, apologize if this is the wrong subforum for this question.

I ordered in late November with no reservation. Contacted my salesperson yesterday, asked if she knew of any constraints holding me up. She said the constraints she always hears about are hard top, towing, and paint protection film. I’ve of course seen here multiple comments about towing and MIC causing delays, but not PPF. She said she’d deleted PPF from some builds and it seemed to result in a faster delivery, but not for all. I was already thinking about deleting towing package, as I can get by with the Curt hitch and 4 wire connection, but should I delete film as well?
Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PPF was the biggest constraint at one time but I thought they changed the process so it is dealer installed now?

I personally got rid of everything to get a faster build. The only accessory I kept was the keypad.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First, apologize if this is the wrong subforum for this question.

I ordered in late November with no reservation. Contacted my salesperson yesterday, asked if she knew of any constraints holding me up. She said the constraints she always hears about are hard top, towing, and paint protection film. I’ve of course seen here multiple comments about towing and MIC causing delays, but not PPF. She said she’d deleted PPF from some builds and it seemed to result in a faster delivery, but not for all. I was already thinking about deleting towing package, as I can get by with the Curt hitch and 4 wire connection, but should I delete film as well?
I would definitely get rid of the PPF. It is only a partial PPF so it only covers the front of the fenders and first part of the hood. Any I don't think the quality is as good as XPEL PPF ( don't think it is self healing). Save the money and have a shop apply Self healing PPF to the entire hood, grille and front fenders...much better protection and no partial seam lines exposed.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford dropped PPF from all orders but WT some months ago so that shouldn't be a factor at this point. I'd drop tow and add later to give you a better chance.

OP
OP

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. I was already planning on dropping towing because of the delay, and it appears from thread here that there’s now a 7 pin aftermarket option that just requires some sweat equity, and ends up cheaper. Thank y’all.
Sponsored