Sponsored

Paint Protection Film (PPF) Coverage - wrap entire door or just bottom third?

Skeener801

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, 2022 Bronco 2.3, auto, soft top.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those of you that have logged some miles, if you were to do PPF (or already have it) would you opt for the entire door to be covered, or just the bottom third? I have mud flaps, but will still want to protect the paint as best I can.
Sponsored

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on what level of protection / driving you're doing.

For me, I've been off-roading and having full protection was a must-have, I have the entire rig in PPF.

With the trails I've done, brush usually whacks or rubs against the rig sooner than later.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on what level of protection / driving you're doing.

For me, I've been off-roading and having full protection was a must-have, I have the entire rig in PPF.

With the trails I've done, brush usually whacks or rubs against the rig sooner than later.
Same - I've had the entire truck (except tailgate) wrapped in PPF, and have already had a couple of small branches rub against the vehicle.
After completing the trail, I got out, took a look at where it should have scratched, and it was completely fine. Love it.

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same - I've had the entire truck (except tailgate) wrapped in PPF, and have already had a couple of small branches rub against the vehicle.
After completing the trail, I got out, took a look at where it should have scratched, and it was completely fine. Love it.
I have fresh trail kisses on the rear vinyl windows - those will definitely "suffer" as there's no easy way to protect 'em. Oh well, cost of doin business!

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey The Kim, curious as to what you paid for the PPF wrap?

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've nicked the shit out of my doors bombing dirt roads. I am going to get a 6" roll and do the bottom part of the doors that's where all my paint damage is. 6" looks to be right at a crease in the door.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey The Kim, curious as to what you paid for the PPF wrap?
Around $2k, but I paid more because I also had ceramic tint done on all the windows and windshield. I'm actually going to get some warranty work done on the PPF next week due to it peeling in a spot, but it's got a 5 year parts and labor, and 10 year parts warranty for Xpel.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also had the whole vehicle done except the tailgate. Would highly recommend it. Worth every penny.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Around $2k, but I paid more because I also had ceramic tint done on all the windows and windshield. I'm actually going to get some warranty work done on the PPF next week due to it peeling in a spot, but it's got a 5 year parts and labor, and 10 year parts warranty for Xpel.
$2K?! I would do PPF in a heartbeat if it cost $2k. I was quoted $6K and said forget it. So, now I have nature's pinstriping kit installed.

FWIW, I'd get the hood, window pillar and top, and full side/doors.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a good price considering they did all except the rear door. Thank you for letting me know.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Skeener801

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, 2022 Bronco 2.3, auto, soft top.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I
$2K?! I would do PPF in a heartbeat if it cost $2k. I was quoted $6K and said forget it. So, now I have nature's pinstriping kit installed.

FWIW, I'd get the hood, window pillar and top, and full side/doors.
Right!? That is s hell of a good deal. I was quoted $2600.00 just for the material.

lairgeral

Base
First Name
Denial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want maximum protection for your vehicle's doors, you may want to consider wrapping the entire door with PPF. This will protect the entire door from scratches, dings, and other types of damage. However, wrapping the entire door can be more expensive, as it requires more material and labor.
Alternatively, you may choose paint protection film in Irvine to wrap just the bottom third of the door with PPF. This can provide protection in the area that is most vulnerable to damage, such as from rocks and debris kicked up by other vehicles or from car doors in parking lots. This option can be more cost-effective than wrapping the entire door.
Sponsored

Last edited: