Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird you can on WT, but not other trims
I know! I think it HAS to be a glitch in the B & P. Just like only the blue leather seats have power seats, but the rest of leather has manual.
Sponsored

First Name
Desmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fustion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Title is self-explanatory.

Should I spend money on this?
I just converted my res to an order. The price for the paint protection was $55 higher than in the Price and Build. It's $350 in the Ford Ordering system and $295 on the price and Build. Given the total Bronco -- with MA sales tax -- is just over $60k, I decided to not fight over the $55.

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Donā€™t waste your money on it. If you really want PPF have a shop install xpel or the new ceramic pro kavaca. You can get way more coverage and itā€™ll be way more durable than what Ford will put on

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Donā€™t waste your money on it. If you really want PPF have a shop install xpel or the new ceramic pro kavaca. You can get way more coverage and itā€™ll be way more durable than what Ford will put on

So far the Tests I have seen the ceramic pro kavaca PPF is not very good at all. Look at Xpel or Suntek.

Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd be interested in - something....We have a 2016 Ford Edge with only 56K miles on it and with the amount of rock chips on it from just daily driving it is poor. A bronco with a flatter hood and same paint quality could mean even more chips, especially since this one will see dirt.

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far the Tests I have seen the ceramic pro kavaca PPF is not very good at all. Look at Xpel or Suntek.
I have a buddy that had his car fully done and he hasnā€™t had any issues yet. Not saying itā€™s the best in the market but Iā€™d say its at least one notch above suntek. Xpel is still the best IMO

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a buddy that had his car fully done and he hasnā€™t had any issues yet. Not saying itā€™s the best in the market but Iā€™d say its at least one notch above suntek. Xpel is still the best IMO

Here is a Great on going set of the major brands in month #11. Check on all the videos. He is doing a lot of testing so you can see how the films hold up to what. So far I have used myself Xpel,Suntek,3m Pro.

Let me know what you think after seeing them.

----PPF Film Testing Videos ----

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much does it cost to do an entire truck?

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given the first "look" of the Shadow Black hardtop and it's gloss I am considering wrapping the roof in XPEL. As for the rest of the vehicle I'm not sure. I'm sure it'll be a bit of a cost.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How much does it cost to do an entire truck?
I had a customer with a new at the time (2019) F-350 King ranch long bed. He had the whole truck done and ceramic coated and the bill was $7,000. I about died when I saw what he paid.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
this coating craze will never make sense to me. ceramic, film. Your car comes from the factory with protection on it. it's called paint and clear coat, and it's highly engineered specifically to meet the demands of these vehicles.

The paint on my f150 is incredibly stout and takes a serious beating. A good coat of spray on wax when you wash it every other week will keep it looking excellent for years, and will cost way less than these expensive services. the new waxes are filled with incredible hydrophobic tech. Hell i use duragloss aquagloss as a drying aid and weeks later the dust and water and contaminants still just fall off the truck with a hose down.

Also the new aluminum paneling doesn't get nearly as hot in the sun, which was also a major factor in paint fade of the past (and lack of waxing)

If you're off roading and nailing it through the forrest the film isn't going to do much anyway.

I agree the front of the hood can suffer from rock chips at highway speeds, but the rest of the vehicle is wasted on special films and coatings. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have Ceramic Pro 9H on my Cayman and it is FANTASTIC. The front of the car has expel PPF and is also coated in CP 9H with the rest of the car's plastics and glass protected by CP Lite. I fully recommend PPF and a reputable ceramic coating to all of my friends!