Sponsored

Paint protective film worth ordering or go aftermarket PPF?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone here have experience with the PPF Ford offers? Does it for example cover the entire hood or just the very front? Fenders? Door sills? It's not clear to me what all is covered. Is it better to just get a clear wrap locally? I've never gotten anything wrapped, but I want to have some protection from flying rocks and scratchy branches, I expect my CO color to be hard to patch/match for repairs. But I also don't want to throw money at Ford for something I can get cheaper or better from a wrap store.

I also want to add clear UV blocking "tint" film on the front windows. Keep some of the heat out. Anyone have experience with that?

thanks!
Sponsored

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone here have experience with the PPF Ford offers? Does it for example cover the entire hood or just the very front? Fenders? Door sills? It's not clear to me what all is covered. Is it better to just get a clear wrap locally? I've never gotten anything wrapped, but I want to have some protection from flying rocks and scratchy branches, I expect my CO color to be hard to patch/match for repairs. But I also don't want to throw money at Ford for something I can get cheaper or better from a wrap store.

I also want to add clear UV blocking "tint" film on the front windows. Keep some of the heat out. Anyone have experience with that?

thanks!
Believe it's partial hood. Honestly, just get aftermarket full frontal coverage to hide those lines, and probably get a better product like XPEL or STEK.

More importantly, read up on good installers.

EDIT to add:
It's NOT going to be cheaper aftermarket, but I suspect product and installation will likely be much better. It's typically a few grand, depending on the market and product you go with.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great, thanks! Yeah, I'd not want partial hood with a line going across, that would bug me no end. I'll see what's here in installers, if they did a Wrangler they can probably give me a rough idea regarding cost. Seems easier to take care of than ceramic coating and all that. And it's not a Lamborghini, so I'd not do that anyways. Thanks for the product names!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

thanks!
I ordered my Big Bend with the PPF! I've never had it on any of my vehicles, but have always wanted to! I thought that it would be a good idea to drive it off the lot and have it protected until I decide a more long-term solution. Mind you, I will be driving 4-plus hours home to the Chicagoland area from Grangers, so I will be somewhat protected!

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thanks!
I plan to do a full front in xpel, including mirrors, and full 3 coats/ceramic-pro on vehicle.
Sponsored