Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like the black door handles, especially as they match the trim with black wheels, grill, mirror caps, & top. The handles in the first pic, with the setup in the 2nd pic.
Ford Bronco Painted door handles are going to cost a fortune to paint 8550B5EB-D267-443D-BA75-FD40C7AF1FA0
Ford Bronco Painted door handles are going to cost a fortune to paint 26366419-9D52-471C-B20F-12F2800AEAED
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Painted door handles are going to cost a fortune to paint 26366419-9D52-471C-B20F-12F2800AEAED

Not the primary competitor to Bronco in it's top trim level...Black handles do look better on a truck like this.
Ford Bronco Painted door handles are going to cost a fortune to paint EA312859-58B2-4AD0-B358-2CA322DBDDF7

They do have it on higher trims and Jeep is offering colored matched fenders and tops on more and more trims.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Painted door handles are going to cost a fortune to paint EA312859-58B2-4AD0-B358-2CA322DBDDF7

They do have it on higher trims and Jeep is offering colored matched fenders and tops on more and more trims.
Well, Bronco does offer them on certain trims too...but I said their highest trim level: Rubicon...the one that is most analogous to Badlands, and is squarely targeted. They matched Jeeps offering here, and it's not like it's for economy, it's because that's what people like...and the Jeep market has shown that. Most high end Jeeps ship with black handles...they are off road vehicles and they just look right like that in my opinion, and apparently the opinion of the market at large. The guy made an analogy to high end pick ups having color matched handles and claimed "all high end vehicles have them"...when the only real direct competitor does not in most trims.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's snazzy. It looks good to me.
Ya it does look good, looks like a high end 4x4 vehicle. Not a fan of the rim/wheel size but the rest of it doesn't look like a hot wheel with black plastic all over it.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, Bronco does offer them on certain trims too...but I said their highest trim level: Rubicon...the one that is most analogous to Badlands, and is squarely targeted. They matched Jeeps offering here, and it's not like it's for economy, it's because that's what people like...and the Jeep market has shown that. Most high end Jeeps ship with black handles...they are off road vehicles and they just look right like that in my opinion, and apparently the opinion of the market at large. The guy made an analogy to high end pick ups having color matched handles and claimed "all high end vehicles have them"...when the only real direct competitor does not in most trims.
Black plastic is used because its function over form. Its cheap to make and cheap to replace. Its not used "because that's what people want" looks wise. High wear areas that need to be replaced most often in a 4x4 scenario should be black plastic, it makes sense. There was a thread on here just this morning about the high cost of switching over to color matched handles. When your running through brush and smashing into rocks, heck ya plastic rules. Bang it up and replace it. Looks wise there are people that like it but that is the exception not the rule. Just look at the Mod top, that thing looks awesome compared to the plastic top that's MIC. Now if they had black painted door handles.....that would be something.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black plastic is used because its function over form. Its cheap to make and cheap to replace. Its not used "because that's what people want" looks wise. High wear areas that need to be replaced most often in a 4x4 scenario should be black plastic, it makes sense. There was a thread on here just this morning about the high cost of switching over to color matched handles. When your running through brush and smashing into rocks, heck ya plastic rules. Bang it up and replace it. Looks wise there are people that like it but that is the exception not the rule. Just look at the Mod top, that thing looks awesome compared to the plastic top that's MIC. Now if they had black painted door handles.....that would be something.
No doubt that they are more durable to your point. I also think they look much better and would bet most others do too...but that’s a guess. They break up the side of the truck and make it look tougher.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
[QUOTE="stampede1, post: 382085, member: 9445" I assume that even if you decided to do that, you would also need to factor in the purchase of AMB fenders, correct?
I actually like the look of the unpainted fenders. gives wheel wells extra height, and ties in the MIC. Plus with painted flares, I'd probably find myself chasing the mod top , at a future date, which will cost $$ to buy post delivery.
[/QUOTE]
My bad, I thought that model you created and posted had the painted fenders.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious why any person would even be concerned with the door handles. It seems like such a minor detail. You can get a set of rims for that price
Because some people like the details. I'm really interested in a retro Velocity Blue with white/chrome accents. Just about every EB Bronco out there came with chrome handles, so if someone wanted to replicate that look, then it's important to them. People like what they like

Whelan007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There will be after market option done the road.
For Jeep the make caps that can be added easily

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see the reasoning behind wanting to do this. Toyota makes the parts for Tundra that come in any color you want. I hope Ford follows suit. My set of door handles, lock surrounds and mirror caps cost ~$275 from Toyota.
Ford Bronco Painted door handles are going to cost a fortune to paint 91sgwaH

Ford Bronco Painted door handles are going to cost a fortune to paint JkdGjuE

You just have to be extra careful on the trails LOL
7zOYgP6.jpg

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d chosen OBX + SAS over BL SAS if it wasn’t for the (unbearable to me) OBX interior.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

TheCrow11

Wildtrak
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2020 Chevy Tahoe midnight edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are they, I was going to order a set for my WildTrack, but I wasnt sure how the quality would be, now they are out of stock.
Well once my Bronco gets out of rail yard purgatory(been at the rail yard for 2+ weeks in my state) I'll be able to tell you about fitment. They look pretty dang good in person though.
Sponsored