Sponsored

Painted low profile / flat fender flares coming?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have searched this forum regarding fender flares but only find comments on the large flares.
Does anyone know if they will come out with painted low profile/flat flares? I agree the large Sas flares stick out too far. I like the old school bronco look of no flares but in the videos of “how to remove the flares” it looks like if you simply leave the flares off it exposes the cut outs where the flares clip into. I don’t want to see the squares and circles cut outs. Would like to see a matching area 51 painted strip that would mount flush around the wheel well, if that makes sense...
Ford Bronco Painted low profile / flat fender flares coming? C365D260-9ABD-4F4D-9107-9A506C4A82A7
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Give it time, the aftermarket will provide I'm sure but doubt Ford will offer a flush option.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its generally thought that someone will make a filler panel aftermarket. Almost surely they will .
Keep in mind that it leaves your paint unprotected from crud flying out of the treads.
FWIW I agree. either a really good looking aftermarket flare or a filler panel needs to happen there.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Someone will probably come out with a clip on trim piece for that. Probably cost them $5 to make and sell for $25 apiece. Got to love free market.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Its illegal, so no Ford will never offer anything that doesn't completely cover the tire depth.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its illegal, so no Ford will never offer anything that doesn't completely cover the tire depth.
So how likely is it to actually get pulled over for it? Is it illegal or just against safety requirements so they can’t sell it like that?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how likely is it to actually get pulled over for it? Is it illegal or just against safety requirements so they can’t sell it like that?
Check your state and local laws.
Each state is different.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They definitely cant sell it like that.

I'm sure its regional and varies, but in my part of Texas you are sure to get pulled over for it on the highways. I am in favor of the save the windshield laws myself. Its also fun to laugh at the superduties with the two foot wide tires and ridiculous bushwacker flares to cover them.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I highly doubt that you would be pulled over that offense alone.

But, if you are speeding and pulled over, the officer might decide to ticket you for the fender offense as well. Much in the same way people get ticketed for too dark window tint, no front license plate, etc.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People drive trucks around with several inches of tire sticking out, myself included. Doesn't seem to be a problem in my area. I'm hoping to have a mostly flush flair option by delivery time. 3 or 4 inches seems about right, like my Pickup:

zU720Cs_u9lYONhOlDQgDgSd8g=w564-h767-no?authuser=0.jpg

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Easy fix:
Step 1. Haircut time, style mullet
Step 2. Lowe's/Home Depot Run
Step 3. Liquor store run
Step 4. Drink beer
Step 5. Bondo that shit up
Step 6. Drink beer
Step 7 (optional). Paint it
Step 8 (optional). Cut mullet off.

Ford Bronco Painted low profile / flat fender flares coming? 1615478870795

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
All this shit that is “coming”, “leaked”, “teased”, “late availability “, they better not price gouge since I would have just ordered the vehicle with this shit.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe in Texas you are good as long as the tires only stick out 3 inches or less from the fender. This is part of the reason I went Outer Banks without Sasquatch. I'll deal with bigger lift/tires later. It would be a pain in the butt trying to match new fender flares to Cactus Gray.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In PA your tires can't stick out past your fenders and there are definitely local PD that will pull you over for it, along with front window tint, ground effect lighting, tinted lights, and any other of small equipment violations.
I had a friend in high school get pulled over and given a warning because the taillights on his '77 Scout II weren't "red" enough because they had faded a bit in ~20 yrs. He had to get install new covers and take it to that PD to get them re-inspected so he wouldn't get a ticket.
Sponsored