Sponsored

Painted Mod Top Crew - What Are Your Plans Going Forward?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Several hyper emotional considerations so far. . .

1) Folks, on the bright side, in these wacky times when the price of everything is spiraling, to order my Bronco today now costs $1895 (MSRP) less! #winning
2) Since I've been waiting this long, 2023.5 is only 6-9 months away.
3) Since I'll have been waiting that long, maybe the 2024 refresh will include high level IP and HD steering available options in addition to mod tops for all! #hopeisnotastrategy
4) If I don't follow thru with an order, what am I supposed to do with all this paella these BD steelies and Base grille that I've acquired from my new B6G friends? And the stickers . . . don't get me started on the stickers.

My cold, calculating persona will soon have a conversation with my dealer to discuss waiting and its impact on price protection and other cost considerations. #wantitdontneedit

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty bummed about this situation. But, waiting for more price protection info. Assuming Ford believes they can complete all converted orders in 2023 and wonā€™t need to offer PP beyond (or donā€™t plan to because MY24 is a refresh, correct?).

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are we sure that the rockstars released the correct version of the order guide? o_O

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought about ordering a Heritage just to get my painted top, but since that is listed as "late availability" (which we all know was what we were told about the black painted mod top so very long ago), I worry that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the design or manufacture of that painted top.šŸ¤”

If Bronco is still in production 10 years from now, maybe my second Bronco will come with a hard top.šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

I have a 2 door Badlands on order with full price protection assuming they donā€™t reneg on that too. I went Badlands because I wanted the manual and my wife wanted the heated seats. I then bumped to high becauseā€¦..

I could live with the HE assuming they did that to force people to stop at mid and not at high or lux and that I could actually get it while Iā€™m still alive.

Will have to see what Zach says my options are.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to be understanding throughout this process but in this case Ford has worked my nerves to the fullest extent. I wouldā€™ve been disappointed, but not felt lied to, had Ford simply stated two years ago that the Mod top is on hold indefinitely. That wouldā€™ve given all of us in this boat an opportunity to make our own decisions on how important it was to our build. Unfortunately they decided to kick the can down the road, dangling a carrot that turned out to be a mirage. But wait, itā€™s not a mirage, the modular top is actually here, late availability of course, just not available to those of us who included it as part of our first night reservation unless we want to change our build, lose price protection, and potentially purchase a HE bronco we donā€™t want. So now, somebody who maybe didnā€™t even care or want a Modular top in the first place will get one, but we wonā€™t. In addition, the people who decided to take a mic or soft top were rewarded with Ford points and much lower interest rates. Ford obviously canā€™t control interest rates but I can still be upset they made many of us wait until rates were higher for zero reason. End result is we pay more for a vehicle we couldā€™ve been enjoying for quite sometime now. If that wasnā€™t frustrating enough Ford decided the best way to communicate this to us would be in a sneaky underhanded manner. My only hope at this point is that the ā€œrockstarsā€ made a mistake.
Moving forward, Iā€™m personally unsure yet what Iā€™ll do. Do I think I wouldā€™ve enjoyed my 2 door badlands with a Mic top all alongā€¦yes. But the continual piling on from Fomoco has me contemplating if I want to reward them by still purchasing new and painting the mic top, still a compromise bc of the lack of removable rear windows, or buying a lightly used one when they come available sometime in the future.

TLDR version: šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After the allocation for MY'22 was revealed, it became apparent to many of us that it would be a long wait to have our original reservation built. After learning that what was trumpeted by Levine that we could transfer our order was a lie, I chose to not wait. I placed a new order with a high allocation dealer for a 2-dr Black Diamond with Tow and took delivery 6 months after the MY'22 order banks opened. It was my intent that Bronco would serve my needs until the original reservation would be granted an allocation with Granger.

I've come to love the Black Diamond trim and it serves all my needs while not providing features that I would rarely use or didn't need. I was originally driven to gain access to the High package with the 12" screen. I can't read without glasses and I don't wear them while I drive. Figured the 12" screen was a must have. But in reality, the 8" screen is plenty adequate. The 12" screen need was driven by impulse.

To gain access to the High package, pushed me to consider the OBX and higher trims. At the time, there was nothing special about the WT and a Sasquatch OBX w/ 2.7L. And I never considered the Badlands as the black MGV was unappealing living on the surface of the sun for half the year. With the OBX, it was originally an option to have a body color mod top along with the other painted trim pieces. Seemed as if the OBX met most of my perceived needs at the time.

With the mod top no longer an option and the realization that the 12" screen isn't a necessity, there isn't an impetus to stick with the OBX. I certainly am content with the Bronco that I have, but I still have my reservation that includes the $2K below invoice. If price protection remains for MY'23, I'll continue with my order. If it disappears or there are further shenanigans, then I'll just cancel my order and be content with the Bronco in my garage.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

After the allocation for MY'22 was revealed, it became apparent to many of us that it would be a long wait to have our original reservation built. After learning that what was trumpeted by Levine that we could transfer our order was a lie, I chose to not wait. I placed a new order with a high allocation dealer for a 2-dr Black Diamond with Tow and took delivery 6 months after the MY'22 order banks opened. It was my intent that Bronco would serve my needs until the original reservation would be granted an allocation with Granger.

I've come to love the Black Diamond trim and it serves all my needs while not providing features that I would rarely use or didn't need. I was originally driven to gain access to the High package with the 12" screen. I can't read without glasses and I don't wear them while I drive. Figured the 12" screen was a must have. But in reality, the 8" screen is plenty adequate. The 12" screen need was driven by impulse.

To gain access to the High package, pushed me to consider the OBX and higher trims. At the time, there was nothing special about the WT and a Sasquatch OBX w/ 2.7L. And I never considered the Badlands as the black MGV was unappealing living on the surface of the sun for half the year. With the OBX, it was originally an option to have a body color mod top along with the other painted trim pieces. Seemed as if the OBX met most of my perceived needs at the time.

With the mod top no longer an option and the realization that the 12" screen isn't a necessity, there isn't an impetus to stick with the OBX. I certainly am content with the Bronco that I have, but I still have my reservation that includes the $2K below invoice. If price protection remains for MY'23, I'll continue with my order. If it disappears or there are further shenanigans, then I'll just cancel my order and be content with the Bronco in my garage.
I bought a 22 BS Badlands to fill the gap while waiting on my 2 door I also reserved in October. Similar to you, I found the BS Badlands fill most of my needs, just not all my ā€œwantsā€. I can live with what I currently have and as prices continue to grow as they are. It maybe exactly what I live with for a long time given how things are shaking out.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm waiting on the B&P for '23 to go live to see what the cost for the standard Heritage is gonna kick me in the shin for.

A Wildtrak with modular top was my original reservation and order.

I've never really liked the MiC top and have looked at each one that has hit my local dealers lot, when they're closed and I won't be annoyed by a salesman. šŸ˜
I figured I would tolerate one until the Aftermarket came up to speed, but now it looks like 2dr Aftermarket hardtops will not happen or be a very, very late consideration if enough 'interest' is found.

I don't hate the standard Heritage and it provides enough of a 'blank canvas' for me to work with, I'll just have to live with the fact I lose price protection and all.
I would've liked the 12" screen, but a little part number comparison from an Everglades and some research 'may' yield some results to convert it to a Mid+.

I've compared what I would've done to the Wildtrak (cost of upgrades & modifications) to the standard Heritage and it'll be fairly similar but a little more expensive because I've lost price protection. I can deal with it if it'll get me out of purgatory and into a (late availability) Modular top.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, due to all of the delays I bought a Jeep JLU Willys and have been really enjoying it. Taking my daughter off roading is great!!!!

I refuse to compromise on my build: 2D MOD Top 2.7 are requirements.

So, Iā€™ll sit here and watch Ford tell me they canā€™t build my Bronco and they are taking my price protection away and canceling my reservation (so they look like they met customer demand from reveal).

Then in a few years Iā€™ll revisit a 2D MOD Top order. Daughter will be driving and can use the Jeep or old truck, if I sell the Jeep for the Bronco. (Good resale values.)
Iā€™ll have to live vicariously through all of my fellow B6G Bronco owners until they can build what I want, which they revealed and have told us they were going to make.

Sad at the lack of communication, information, management of the roll out, but still excited about the Bronco, if they ever actually build what they said they would.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm waiting on the B&P for '23 to go live to see what the cost for the standard Heritage is gonna kick me in the shin for.

I don't hate the standard Heritage and it provides enough of a 'blank canvas' for me to work with, I'll just have to live with the fact I lose price protection and all.
I could see going for the Heritage Limited Edition myself since it offers the Badlands series equipment and a 2.7-liter engine. However, the limited run of 1,966 units will be rare as hen's teeth and most dealers will want $25K-$50K ADM for them, in other words, unobtainium.

I want the Badlands level of equipment, 2.7-liter engine and Lux package, but, since that has been boxed into the Heritage Limited Edition I've considered the standard Heritage Edition model, but, is not a good fit for me since it only features the Big Bend series of equipment with the 2.3-liter engine. Perhaps it will have more availability, but doubtful, and most dealers will want $10K-$20K ADM for them.

Maybe the packages will be different in MY24, but I've been following all the Ford promises since 2019, it is getting old, seeing many never materialize.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I refuse to believe it will end like this in ā€˜23.

I will wait and hope that Ford is pushing people toward the heritage non price protected option and then will come back at 23.5 with the black mod option.

I will also invest in a really good phycologist as I clearly have some issues.
Sponsored