Sponsored

Painted Mod Top Crew - What Are Your Plans Going Forward?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm waiting on the B&P for '23 to go live to see what the cost for the standard Heritage is gonna kick me in the shin for.

A Wildtrak with modular top was my original reservation and order.

I've never really liked the MiC top and have looked at each one that has hit my local dealers lot, when they're closed and I won't be annoyed by a salesman. 😁
I figured I would tolerate one until the Aftermarket came up to speed, but now it looks like 2dr Aftermarket hardtops will not happen or be a very, very late consideration if enough 'interest' is found.

I don't hate the standard Heritage and it provides enough of a 'blank canvas' for me to work with, I'll just have to live with the fact I lose price protection and all.
I would've liked the 12" screen, but a little part number comparison from an Everglades and some research 'may' yield some results to convert it to a Mid+.

I've compared what I would've done to the Wildtrak (cost of upgrades & modifications) to the standard Heritage and it'll be fairly similar but a little more expensive because I've lost price protection. I can deal with it if it'll get me out of purgatory and into a (late availability) Modular top.
I could live with a Heritage Edition or basically any edition at this point. It's funny how much has changed since we all (well, some of us) have started this long trip.

I've gone from a Base with big shoes (BigFootie) prior to knowing you could not get big shoes with a 7MT, to a Badlands High just to get 7MT and intelligent access plus throw in a few extras since we were already talking 46K. Now maybe going back to something in the middle with the Heritage Edition. Seems like the price will be similar to my PP Badlands, but I'm thinking maybe that was Ford's plan to get people to back off the High and Lux. Not sure, Just want my 2 door while they still let me drive!
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I will not own a Bronco with the MIC top. Since there is no factory soft top option for the 2dr and the mod top is vaporware for the majority of MY23 builds I don't know where I go from here and still keep my Bronco order. A BadSquatch 2dr with the V6 and mod top was my order and I refuse to budge from that.

I've already bought a 2dr Rubicon with the body color hardtop tho I run my half doors and Bestop Trektop most of the time. It had all the equivalent options that I was looking for in my Bronco and was something I could actually get my hands on and enjoy this summer. I have no issues in keeping it for the long term if Ford can't offer what I want. I offer no apologies for that. I truly wanted a Bronco but Ford's broken promises and busted allocation system landed me in a Jeep.

Ford Bronco Painted Mod Top Crew - What Are Your Plans Going Forward? PXL_20220611_130216414.PORTRAIT

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Painted Mod Top Crew - What Are Your Plans Going Forward? No-Tops

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordering a BD 2 door. The price protection is too good a deal to pass up. Worst case I sell/trade it in 2029 when the black mod top is available.

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will Ford do the Right Thing and let us Keep our 99 Orders to MY24 with price protection for all of us that have been waiting 2 years for the Mod Top?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With price protection now being able to be applied to the HE and Everglades…it is causing me to rethink a little.
Say what? I didn’t see the new Price Protection details.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will Ford do the Right Thing and let us Keep our 99 Orders to MY24 with price protection for all of us that have been waiting 2 years for the Mod Top?
Only time will tell…figuring if you make an unbuildable combination that doesn’t get scheduled before the end of the year…you might be in luck.

MY24 is a refresh. So, lots will change. AC vents, cupholders, vinyl seat backs, etc. haha.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Say what? I didn’t see the new Price Protection details.
See the FAQ’s in your e-mail today from Ford. They are including PP for Heritage and Everglades. They just haven’t said specifically how much yet.

Ford Bronco Painted Mod Top Crew - What Are Your Plans Going Forward? AFECAB5C-F0F9-4C6A-AC2A-8961C97C668A

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
See the FAQ’s in your e-mail today from Ford. They are including PP for Heritage and Everglades. They just haven’t said specifically how much yet.
This is hurting my head. We’re gonna need a new breakdown @RagnarKon - haha.

Sadly I don’t want either - but, I could Frankenstein my perfect setup between what I’m driving and a few parts off the Heritage.

Pretty ballsy for them to drop the black top. Just get it together.

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow that 4xe Rubicon is starting to look better and better each day. Oh and hey painted hard top as well.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to re-order and have the MIC top painted when it comes in. Soon I won't have much need for a hard top as we will be empty nesters wintering in Florida in another 13 months and it's likely our fast-approaching Minnesota winter will be over before my 7/20/20 reservation arrives, lol. I won't see many days each year with high temps below 70º so the top will be off or down most of the time.

OBX/SAS/2.7/LUX/Leather

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My plan is to cry and never get over this. I really want leather seats, so I have an issue with the standard heritage edition because of that. I am concerned about the manual part of the seats as well. Short people need power seats. I don't know what to do, really. Advice accepted via the manual seats.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My plan is to cry and never get over this. I really want leather seats, so I have an issue with the standard heritage edition because of that. I am concerned about the manual part of the seats as well. Short people need power seats. I don't know what to do, really. Advice accepted via the manual seats.
But it's available in 50 shades of gray, what more could you possibly want?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, I will not own a Bronco with the MIC top. Since there is no factory soft top option for the 2dr and the mod top is vaporware for the majority of MY23 builds I don't know where I go from here and still keep my Bronco order. A BadSquatch 2dr with the V6 and mod top was my order and I refuse to budge from that.

I've already bought a 2dr Rubicon with the body color hardtop tho I run my half doors and Bestop Trektop most of the time. It had all the equivalent options that I was looking for in my Bronco and was something I could actually get my hands on and enjoy this summer. I have no issues in keeping it for the long term if Ford can't offer what I want. I offer no apologies for that. I truly wanted a Bronco but Ford's broken promises and busted allocation system landed me in a Jeep.

Ford Bronco Painted Mod Top Crew - What Are Your Plans Going Forward? AFECAB5C-F0F9-4C6A-AC2A-8961C97C668A
Nice looking Jeep. And +1 on priority of having 4x4 top-down fun now, rather than waiting around several years, life is short.

If replacing my TJ, I'm considering the JL route as well. The Bronco is a nice vehicle, but the bloom is off the rose. Plus all the flipping, people buying his&her Broncos or even 3 or 4, what's up with that rubbish. It's a messed up situation, maybe it sorts out in a few years.
Sponsored