Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a little advantage of being a manager at a dealership. I had my body shop paint my rings. I also replaced the lugs with the ford performance black lugs. I think it looks a lot better. Just waiting on my new boards and a few decals and I’ll be done with accessories for oh maybe a month. Lol

before and after pics attached

ADC5F0F5-531F-4764-9235-E47B7D4F9C79.jpeg

1D4371E2-89D2-4FF1-B071-DA5016089A35.jpeg

1B8BA2AE-A832-401F-8416-AAD2BCAD73D5.jpeg

0FA5997E-4F18-4BCA-994C-B8979F2D24E7.jpeg
Looks good but you should’ve went powder coat if you ever intend to take it off road, will stand up a lot better.
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a little advantage of being a manager at a dealership. I had my body shop paint my rings. I also replaced the lugs with the ford performance black lugs. I think it looks a lot better. Just waiting on my new boards and a few decals and I’ll be done with accessories for oh maybe a month. Lol

Ford Bronco Painted my beadlock beauty rings gloss black (Sasquatch wheels) BAE48501-4CCF-439D-9402-38F51F51EE10

Ford Bronco Painted my beadlock beauty rings gloss black (Sasquatch wheels) BAE48501-4CCF-439D-9402-38F51F51EE10

I like it and plan on doing the rings on my base. But why oh why did you get more Ford lug nuts? First thing I did was ace the 2 piece junk lug nuts and replaced them with one piece. Sorry to rant on the lug nuts but I got stranded with a flat tire on my F150 because the lug wrench didn’t fit on the swollen factory nuts. The real kick in the nuts (pun intended) was when Ford said “Don’t Care”, lug nuts aren’t a warranty item.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid "newbie" painter question - I just finished painting my beauty rings. I scuffed them up and used a gloss black paint + primer that was suitable on metals, plastics, etc. I did about 5 or 6 coats on the back, and about the same on the front.

A few hours after finishing them, they seem to be slightly "sticky." Is this normal? Did I screw it up? Worst case scenario I take it somewhere to sandblast it and powder coat it, but I thought I did a good job on painting them. It's just the stickiness that worries me as usually that means the bolts and stuff might stick to it and start to peel.

Thanks!

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most powder coating shops will do them for around $20/ring.
Much cheaper than buying new rings…

I did mine to match my Badlands grill. Changes the look of the truck completely…

What did you tell them on how to match the grill? Are those Mic color?

Sponsored

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I did mine to match my Badlands grill. Changes the look of the truck completely…

Looks great...I am hoping for a Jan 2022 delivery of a wildtrak...I was thinking of using 2018 raptor beadlock trim rings to get a slight contrast like yours....the all black wheels looks good as well...so really not a bad option either way....

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stupid "newbie" painter question - I just finished painting my beauty rings. I scuffed them up and used a gloss black paint + primer that was suitable on metals, plastics, etc. I did about 5 or 6 coats on the back, and about the same on the front.

A few hours after finishing them, they seem to be slightly "sticky." Is this normal? Did I screw it up? Worst case scenario I take it somewhere to sandblast it and powder coat it, but I thought I did a good job on painting them. It's just the stickiness that worries me as usually that means the bolts and stuff might stick to it and start to peel.

Thanks!
Yes. Let them dry and don’t touch them til they are. Lighter coats tend to dry quicker and not stay tacky as long but if you don’t have any runs you probably did a good job and just have to wait. The glossier the paint the longer it stays tacky.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Thanks!
What was the environment like when you painted them and hung them to dry? Is it cold out?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was the environment like when you painted them and hung them to dry? Is it cold out?
I painted them in my garage (I left them inside my house last night so the rings wouldn’t be cold at all). The thermometer read 15 degrees Celsius inside the garage, which I thought was fine. I placed the rings on top of some small wooden blocks so I could paint them from various angles and so it wouldn’t dry to my drop sheet.

I’ve brought them all in the house now so it’ll be 20+ degrees Celsius now.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I painted them in my garage (I left them inside my house last night so the rings wouldn’t be cold at all). The thermometer read 15 degrees Celsius inside the garage, which I thought was fine. I placed the rings on top of some small wooden blocks so I could paint them from various angles and so it wouldn’t dry to my drop sheet.

I’ve brought them all in the house now so it’ll be 20+ degrees Celsius now.
Nice, you should be fine just be patient. They’ll dry for you soon

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, you should be fine just be patient. They’ll dry for you soon
Thanks - I’ll give it a few days inside the house. I’m not in a rush - the wheels don’t look too bad with no beauty ring actually!

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree black looks better than what they provided. Also, didn’t notice the lugs, I can’t believe Ford didn’t do black lugs. Is there anything special about lugs that I need to know before looking on Amazon or some place. I’m thinking of getting lock lugs, not sure it’s needed…

also, I have a BL SAS 51 and bought a 51/matteblack Ford emblem to replace factory. I was thinking matte black for pony, retro bronco emblem in matteto replaceSas sticker and then rings in matte black. Actually convinced myself to DIY plastidip matte, but now a neighbor is saying don’t do it in MN weather, it will peal for sure. I’m not sure if he’s just trying to get me going… ;)
None the less, anyone have thoughts on this, pics if you have done similar? I also keep going back and forth on matte, grill match or gloss on the rings. Gloss would match the wheel, matte to match the decals and grill to match the grill/mic…

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks SO much better. Exactly what I plan on doing to my CG BL!

bobbib

Badlands
First Name
Bobbi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely love this! I have ordered shadow black and wanted to paint the rings black. I feel the carb g would look much better since the car will be all black as well. Yours looks amazing!

OP
OP
sotto1979

sotto1979

Outer Banks
First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB , Bronco Sport OB,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Absolutely love this! I have ordered shadow black and wanted to paint the rings black. I feel the carb g would look much better since the car will be all black as well. Yours looks amazing!
I think you are right with yours going carbonized gray.
Sponsored