Here are all three in sun together...

les-antimatter-blue-area-51-cactus-gray-in-sun-jpg.jpg

Solo sun shots

2021-ford-bronco-painted-sample-area-51-jpg.jpg

2021-ford-bronco-antimatter-blue-jpg.jpg

2021-ford-bronco-painted-sample-cactus-gray-jpg.jpg

All 3 in the shade.

s-antimatter-blue-area-51-cactus-gray-in-shade-jpg.jpg

I am down to two colors--AMB and CG. The AMB base paint had the flake in it, but it did not pop until the clear coat went on. It is really stunning and will be killer with a white top and white steelies. On the CG, well yesterday I was skeptical based on reports it is just dull gray. But that is not what my experiment is suggesting. Granted it is a bright, sunny day in IL right now, but the CG has lots of character to it. It does not look like dull gray clay like some of the recent Sport shots have suggested. And I have no idea why, but the CG base coat was pretty glossy, where the AMB and A51 were almost flat. Last comment to the photo experts...what I see here on the screen looks identical to what it looked like in person in full sun.

Here's one more of my final two...

antimatter-blue-and-cactus-gray-painted-sample-jpg.jpg

Original post August 30

OK folks, tried a little experiment here. Automotivetouchup.com has new Bronco paint samples available. I got a 12 oz can of A51 and AMB--base coat only, no clear coat (will have CG in a couple weeks). Attached are pics in direct sun. A shade pic will follow shortly. I have also included a picture of a Cincinnati Bengals B so you can make your own judgement on color correctness. Pics are taken on white craft paper.

My opinions:

1) the A51 is significantly lighter/less dark gray than an Amazon truck (I had the sample in my hand yesterday when I passed one);

2) the AMB is the same as Jay Leno's paint. It almost always looks black. But in direct sun side-by-side to a black BMW the blue comes out--even can have touch of purple like you see in the Leno's Garage video. Major caveat here is we don't know if sample paints are accurate. Here are three photos in direct sun at 3pm.

Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) Paint Samples of 2021 Bronco colors Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue 1

Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) Paint Samples of 2021 Bronco colors Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue 2

Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) Paint Samples of 2021 Bronco colors Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue 3

Here is the shade pic...

Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) Paint Samples of 2021 Bronco colors Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue in Shade
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to love AMB, but it’s so hard. I would get VB but my wife’s Toyota is a very similar color. Since I’m getting the base there’s not a lot of options. I might give up on AMB and get Race Red. It depends on which looks best with the grey top.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You need a clear coat. Without it, the colors are not the same. Awesome work though!

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clear coat gives a slight change in how the colors appear... I really hope dealers have samples before we order
Clear coat definitely does. Im pretty sure some clear coats even have a finishing color and metalic flake in them as well.

I don't dispute that Antimatter is going to be dark. Because it is. But It will definitely look a lot better then that sample as far as depth and richness goes.

With that said the OP did us a great service by doing this because it shows you the shade of the color especially with the Area 51.

Thank you for this OP.

Michael Kist

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great!!!

Great pics and work here. Deeply appreciate the Info!
Sponsored