Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Updated with clear coated samples September

2021-ford-bronco-painted-sample-cactus-gray-jpg.jpg

s-antimatter-blue-area-51-cactus-gray-in-shade-jpg.jpg

antimatter-blue-and-cactus-gray-painted-sample-jpg.jpg
I want to love this so hard!

So hard. And deep.

Love it so hard and deep that you know you haven't been given up.

Love it sooooooo hard and deep that you have not only never been let dows, but also never been quit on or Lip Bombed Wait? What?

Anyway, I love this color!!!! And it isn't what I saw yesterday
So I must retreat to my sphere of safety and ruminate on the presentation you presentation. A real hands-on methodology!
Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, some weeks ago I saw a CG Bronco Sport on the road and this picture is actually probably the most accurate I've seen yet. It's spot-on. Gray with a hint of greenish blue.
So I’m still trying to understand the pictures and descriptions of the Sports and color sheets that illustrate a very different color. I.e. “concrete” gray with not even a hint of green.
As much as I really like this version, I’m scared to order it unless the riddle gets solved.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That made me laugh out loud because I hear you. The only reason I searched the net to find these paints is because I am losing my mind on these colors. My report is just what I saw. Who knows if the paint samples are worth a damn. No matter what, A51 is too powder-blue for me. But the CG is looking like the best pics people love. Let's hope that is the truth!!!
Thank you for working on these ... spending the time & money, but then spending the time to share with us. We're still on a magical mystery tour with these colors, but this does clear some of the speculation for me.

Using the white backdrop made huge difference in understanding the colors I was seeing. I see how shade and bright light affect the colors, but I think there are things in our surroundings that also have an affect the colors ... even certain reflections from a blue sky. Which brings us back to the white backdrop you used since I can easily gauge my screen with white paper.

As for AMB .... dang, you are going to need every single nuclear explosion the sun can muster to get blue out of that paint! That, or those sweet blue light displays used in that new F150 reveal!

Thanks again!!! Cheers

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Updated with clear coated samples September 19

Updates:

1. primer is gray under all paint
2. clear coated all
3. finally got cactus gray

Here are all three in sun together...

les-antimatter-blue-area-51-cactus-gray-in-sun-jpg.jpg

Solo sun shots

2021-ford-bronco-painted-sample-area-51-jpg.jpg

2021-ford-bronco-antimatter-blue-jpg.jpg

2021-ford-bronco-painted-sample-cactus-gray-jpg.jpg

All 3 in the shade.

s-antimatter-blue-area-51-cactus-gray-in-shade-jpg.jpg

I am down to two colors--AMB and CG. The AMB base paint had the flake in it, but it did not pop until the clear coat went on. It is really stunning and will be killer with a white top and white steelies. On the CG, well yesterday I was skeptical based on reports it is just dull gray. But that is not what my experiment is suggesting. Granted it is a bright, sunny day in IL right now, but the CG has lots of character to it. It does not look like dull gray clay like some of the recent Sport shots have suggested. And I have no idea why, but the CG base coat was pretty glossy, where the AMB and A51 were almost flat. Last comment to the photo experts...what I see here on the screen looks identical to what it looked like in person in full sun.

Here's one more of my final two...

antimatter-blue-and-cactus-gray-painted-sample-jpg.jpg

Original post August 30

OK folks, tried a little experiment here. Automotivetouchup.com has new Bronco paint samples available. I got a 12 oz can of A51 and AMB--base coat only, no clear coat (will have CG in a couple weeks). Attached are pics in direct sun. A shade pic will follow shortly. I have also included a picture of a Cincinnati Bengals B so you can make your own judgement on color correctness. Pics are taken on white craft paper.

My opinions:

1) the A51 is significantly lighter/less dark gray than an Amazon truck (I had the sample in my hand yesterday when I passed one);

2) the AMB is the same as Jay Leno's paint. It almost always looks black. But in direct sun side-by-side to a black BMW the blue comes out--even can have touch of purple like you see in the Leno's Garage video. Major caveat here is we don't know if sample paints are accurate. Here are three photos in direct sun at 3pm.

Paint Samples of 2021 Bronco colors Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue 1.jpg

Paint Samples of 2021 Bronco colors Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue 2.jpg

Paint Samples of 2021 Bronco colors Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue 3.jpg

Here is the shade pic...

Paint Samples of 2021 Bronco colors Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue in Shade.jpg
Of your final two, which are you going with?

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for all of that great info. My last couple vehicles have been Fords Shadow Grey or Metallic Grey. Have been leaning towards AMB, but a few earlier posts hit it right on. If Ford does something goofy with the interior like they have with the Sport some colors will clash so it will really take some thought at that point.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know you gotta go get another can of CG and do it again, it is the only way.

Bronco4me

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want to love this so hard!

So hard. And deep.

Love it so hard and deep that you know you haven't been given up.

Love it sooooooo hard and deep that you have not only never been let dows, but also never been quit on or Lip Bombed Wait? What?

Anyway, I love this color!!!! And it isn't what I saw yesterday
So I must retreat to my sphere of safety and ruminate on the presentation you presentation. A real hands-on methodology!
So Rick, since you saw in person the color palette for CG, how does it compare to what you see here by Uplander?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was sold on Cactus Grey, but for some strange reason I keep getting drawn back to Area 51, must be from watching to many episodes of X-Files. I love Area 51 in the shade and hate it in the sunshine. Also don't like it on the Bronco Sport but think it might look awesome on the big Bronco. Anyone have real time photos of 51 on the big Bronco, don't remember seeing any out there.
200.gif

Sponsored
OP
OP
Uplander

Uplander

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 U13
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of your final two, which are you going with?
Not ready to make the call. AMB is a no-lose option in my mind assuming we get a white roof and silver grill. But if CG looks like my experiment it could be the move. Like others, I will wait to see the real deal in person.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you so much for this. What is especially helpful is comments from people who have seen these colors in person. We’ve seen so many pictures of CG ranging from teal to sage green to almost white then seeing it crosslisted as fighter jet grey is just confusing, but your description of dull gray is helpful, that makes sense.

it still doesnt help me with my decision between AMB and CG, but I’ll probably think about it till the second I submit my order.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This makes it AntiMatter for me. Area 51 not available on base. I had a '69 Cougar that was maroon at night or in the shade, but a golden flake in the clearcoat made it cherry red in the daytime. Yellow light reflection defeating the blue in the maroon undercoat. Black at night and blue in the sunshine. I like it.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was sold on Cactus Grey, but for some strange reason I keep getting drawn back to Area 51, must be from watching to many episodes of X-Files. I love Area 51 in the shade and hate it in the sunshine. Also don't like it on the Bronco Sport but think it might look awesome on the big Bronco. Anyone have real time photos of 51 on the big Bronco, don't remember seeing any out there.
Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) 200
Well, A51 is going to be an amazing color. I would get it myself but it’s too close to the color car I have now. The one thing that has me moving away from cactus grey, is it is by far the most popular color, and there is going to be a ton of Broncos here. Almost everyone drive 4wds here and they are going to be everywhere, so I need something that stands out a bit

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2013 Kodiak Brown F150 right now. If I go somewhere to pick something up I have to tell the person my truck is brownish black. I still have issues sometimes. I parked to pick up dinner one night and waited 15 minutes before I went in to see where our order was. Person inside said my truck is black, not brownish black. Also, I had washed my truck one day and our neighbors came over and wanted to know about our new truck. The sun was out and the brown was standing out.

So, I'm not sure why but anti-matter blue appeals to me. I guess I like messing with peoples heads. (Plus, I think it will look sharp if we can do white roofs.)
Sponsored