richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer of choice just sent me these. Said they just got trained on them didnt ask for specifics since it's a sport lol. I live 2 minutes away and have class til 1055am so if its still there I'm gonna go look at it. Last couple of days I have been leaning towards area 51 for my badlands this may tilt me that way if I like it.
Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) Resized_20200922_085227
Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) Resized_20200922_085216
Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) Resized_20200922_085201
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Visited myself to see the color with my own eyes. Here a few more pics. First and third pic are most accurate to actual color imo.
Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) 20200922_112138
Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) 20200922_112138
Just to confirm.. that is Area 51 right?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That‘s almost powder/pastel blue. Is that right?
I would say a bit darker. The side pic is with the sun hitting it direct. The 2nd and 3rd has the darker shade that i saw up close.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Cactus Gray had ANY of this hue in person I would be on board.

In-person, just go out to any freshly poured concrete, then look down. That was the Cactus gray I saw in person, sadly.....
And I WANTED to see blues or greens.
Yeah, if it looks anything like Toyota's "Concrete" color, I'm not interested. Too many automakers are on that bandwagon at the moment.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say a bit darker. The side pic is with the sun hitting it direct. The 2nd and 3rd has the darker shade that i saw up close.
Somebody peeled off the Amazon Smile off the side....
Sorry I just can't unsee the Amazon van photos from another thread when I look at this.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Somebody peeled off the Amazon Smile off the side....
Sorry I just can't unsee the Amazon van photos from another thread when I look at this.
The Prime vans are like 5 shades darker than A51...

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is another look at antimatter blue. I like the antimatter on the color cards...but I think a lighter color would look better...make the Bronco look bigger.
IMG_20200923_222541.jpg

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is another look at antimatter blue.
just how close to the sun does it need to be before it lights up? This looks to be about 2 minutes to black

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know its basically black when you could barely differentiate the shadow black hardtop. funny - if you put your thumb over the area below the rear side window, you cant differentiate at all.

While i've been sold on the AMB and white top, im starting to second guess the white top. It may contrast almost too much. While i think a white top on dark blue looks GREAT, a white top on a 'black' car would look pretty silly. maybe i should get a black top and wrap it white for a couple years, rather than the other way around. I heard its better to wrap over black than white. Hmm. Certainly puts less stress on the B&P. Not totally sold on white top until this color shows more signs of blue.

Last edited:

Reboot

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex Limited Ecoboost, Lagoon 380S2 cat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to make you CG-wafflers crazy...but this is what I saw today in my experiment...
Ford Bronco Painted Physical Color Samples Experiment: Antimatter Blue vs. Area 51 vs. Area 51 vs Cactus Gray (Now Clear Coated) IMG_20200923_222541
I really hope that color combo is the reality, I love that hint of green. It's referentially retro without being too retro, if that makes sense.
R

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
just how close to the sun does it need to be before it lights up? This looks to be about 2 minutes to black
Not sure. I think it is one of those colors like Magma Red...that changes colors as you move around it.

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is video of Magma Red which is similar to a antimatter blue. This video shows difference in a true black car compared to Magma.

Sponsored