First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon Package
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Someone posted that you can't get a soft top on a FE. I responded that I ordered that I had ordered my FE late availability with a painted top and soft top combo. This is the reply that I received....

Are you serious? Ford announced that there will be no painted black tops in 2021 and you can only purchase one top in 2021, no more duel tops. The FE's, which I have on order too are only allowed to pick the molded in color top, because Ford doesn't want those coming out in 2022. You have until April 8th to make any changes to your FE order. You should have received an email about this.

As of today, I think I'm scrapping my FE order and getting a fully loaded Badlands. There's nothing really special about the FE's to me anymore other than they get a shiny black painted grill that won't go with the top, some black hood and side graphics that won't go with the top, and the fact that ford is only selling 7000 of them at a premium price.

Not to sound all negative, the price of the vehicle will be reduced by the cost of the two roofs you had ordered and I believe Ford is taking $495 off the price because they decided to put the sound deadening headliner in all the 2021 hard tops. Wonder why that is? My guess is those MIC hard tops don't block out much road noise and they know it's going to be an issue. Also, Ford is giving everyone that had a painted black top on order the equivalent of $1,000 in accessories of your choice that you can purchase through your dealer and a $250 credit towards one of their Bronco Off-Roadeo events. In my opinion, not enough for a $70K+ vehicle.

Has anyone heard of this? I haven't been notified about this and I'm having a hard time believing it.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes on black painted top starting MY22, don't know about soft top for the 4-dr, search is your friend on this one. Agree on the FE to BL swap if it suits your need.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, it was in an email Ford sent out last week. No dual tops or painted tops until 2022. If you still want a First Edition, you have to take a MIC top with free headliner. Ford gave a deadline of 04-08 to switch that stuff.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes

Sponsored
OP
OP

Waiting 4 Years

First Edition
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon Package
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes on black painted top starting MY22, don't know about soft top for the 4-dr, search is your friend on this one. Agree on the FE to BL swap if it suits your need.
I am flabbergasted and speechless!

I never received this email and my dealer never contacted me. My dealership has only sold 5 Broncos and know who I am. I ordered a FE, CO with late availability painted hard and canvas. CO is not going to work with MIC and now I have until the 8th to make a decision. thank you Bronco Nation for alerting me to this issue. I just can't believe it. :oops:

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer said they would paint the mic top black for us. At least it will be covered by warranty if I do it that way. Still pissed I can't get a mod top though

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am flabbergasted and speechless!

I never received this email and my dealer never contacted me. My dealership has only sold 5 Broncos and know who I am. I ordered a FE, CO with late availability painted hard and canvas. CO is not going to work with MIC and now I have until the 8th to make a decision. thank you Bronco Nation for alerting me to this issue. I just can't believe it. :oops:
Uhhhhhh this is most definitely not BN. Unless you're looking through last week's OBL posts...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you wrote:

My dealer said they would paint the mic top black for us. At least it will be covered by warranty if I do it that way. Still pissed I can't get a mod top though

What I read:

"My Army Recruiter said he signed me up for the Special Forces!"

;)

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sounds like a warranty claim waiting to happen. You might want to find out what type of warranty the dealer is going to offer you for the painted top. I see peeling paint in your future.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer said they would paint the mic top black for us. At least it will be covered by warranty if I do it that way.
I have so many questions/concerns about this statement. Current consensus seems to be that MIC cannot be easily painted properly. & I can assure you Ford Motor Company isn’t going to warranty a dealer paint job.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What you wrote:

What I read:

"My Army Recruiter said he signed me up for the Special Forces!"

;)
I hear ya! Not believing anything til I see it

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sounds like a warranty claim waiting to happen. You might want to find out what type of warranty the dealer is going to offer you for the painted top. I see peeling paint in your future.
First thing I'll do is see warranty info. Going to buy a soft top anyway......if I don't like the mic top. Maybe another option would to paint all the Shiney black parts to match the top🤔🤔🤯
Sponsored