Painted top and soft top 2021

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, it was in an email Ford sent out last week. No dual tops or painted tops until 2022. If you still want a First Edition, you have to take a MIC top with free headliner. Ford gave a deadline of 04-08 to switch that stuff.
My dealer said I it wouldn't let him change my mic top for a mod top but let him change me from leather to cloth. I told we had a cut off date of 4/8 and he said he could change the seats but not the top

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a question for all you Bronco shoppers who've been at this new Bronco ordering thing longer than me. This is probably a good thread to ask my question since it involves tops. I initiated a reservation a few weeks ago and now have a preview order from Ford in hand. Because of my lateness to the game, it's very clear that I will end up with MY 2022. My current order is a MIC top. One of the options I would rather have is a body color top. Given that it will be well into 2022 that my vehicle will get built, will I be able to change my order at some point to get a body color top? Of course, this assumes that this will be an available option. My dealer contact gave me documentation from Ford saying that MY22 would have that available. Can anybody enlighten me on whether I will be able to change at some point? Thanks!

Bob
A reservation a few weeks ago? You are probably looking at MY23 if we're being honest here.

OP
OP

Waiting 4 Years

First Edition
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon Package
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Youā€™re in line for a Bronco already. Ranked by your timestamp.

If you want a MY22, you just need to tell your dealer and they will code your priority ā€œ99ā€

When they do their scheduling blocks in the coming weeks, theyā€™ll start at the earliest time stamp and skip anyone with a 99 code (or a build they donā€™t have the parts for). At the next block, theyā€™ll start back with the earliest timestamp and do it again with whatever orders havenā€™t been built yet.

Sometime this summer/fall MY22 ordering will open. Youā€™ll adjust whatever options you want and then your order priority code will be changed to a ā€œdo buildā€ number.

Then at the next scheduling block (first MY22 block) theyā€™ll start at the beginning, and consider yours that time around. In this way you retain your place in overall line, you just basically said ā€œpassā€ the first few times them came to you during MY21 production.
If I go ahead and buy my FE, can I also get on the list for MY22? Is it too late? I may consider a quick trade if the MY22 has more of what I want.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I go ahead and buy my FE, can I also get on the list for MY22? Is it too late? I may consider a quick trade if the MY22 has more of what I want.
You would need to make a new reservation and youā€™d be placed in line like normal. Thereā€™s no ā€œreserving for a MY22ā€ or anything. You just reserve, and they get to you when they get to you (aside from a purposeful delay of an early reservation).

We have no way of knowing at this point, but my gut tells me if you reserved today you would see your Bronco towards the end of 2022. But thatā€™s just my gut. I could be way off in either direction.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Waiting 4 Years

First Edition
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon Package
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You would need to make a new reservation and youā€™d be placed in line like normal. Thereā€™s no ā€œreserving for a MY22ā€ or anything. You just reserve, and they get to you when they get to you (aside from a purposeful delay of an early reservation).

We have no way of knowing at this point, but my gut tells me if you reserved today you would see your Bronco towards the end of 2022. But thatā€™s just my gut. I could be way off in either direction.
Thanks for your advice, i'm going to purchase my FE. Also, make a reservervation for another Bronco that I may decide I like more in MY22.

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm feeling like I should wait until MY22 to get the white roof and more color options that I really want. It's just the unknown that's scaring me. What models will have the white roof and colors that I want?
It will probably be easy to source a white top on the secondary market/after market after you buy your Bronco, even if your trim level/color combo doesn't allow it. I.e., don't let the accessory dictate the actual product.

I personally want a white top, too. And depending on the body color, white fenders as well. But for me, it will be YEARS before I get to enjoy one.
Sponsored