Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am really debating on if I should go with painted top or not. It will definitely get scratched to hell but I am concerned that the moulded plastic with fade badly and look terrible in a few years. Has anyone had this moulded which has not faded?
Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am really debating on if I should go with painted top or not. It will definitely get scratched to hell but I am concerned that the moulded plastic with fade badly and look terrible in a few years. Has anyone had this moulded which has not faded?
I really don't think we'll know until we all own the truck for a few years. If you plan to leave it out in the sun everyday I'd imagine the top will fade to some extent over time, but it'll probably age just like any other plastic parts...which will take a long time.

I think the gray MIC is a better a choice if you plan to beat this up over a painted top. The gray should hide scratches and be less scratch-resistant over a clear-coat painted top and you won't need to worry about chipping paint over time, especially if you ding/drop one of the panels as you're taking them on and off. It might not look as good brand new as a new painted top, but with this being an off-road vehicle it is more functional.

BroncoBully

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Impreza, Toyota Sienna (Fam. Wagon)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had one of the molded plastic hard tops for my '03 Rubicon. I did not have any issues with fading, If the Bronco MIC is anything like it I would say it should hold up fine.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would like to have the painted top much more. The MIC I think maybe if you ceramic coat it from time to time it may help with the UV.

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stupid question, forgive me: I want a colored top but I am not seeing it as an option for my build (I am going badlands) is the painted top only available on the higher trims or something?

Sponsored

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
follow up to my stupid question... is the painted top the same as the modular hard top? I like the idea of front row open but back row and cargo area covered? I don't see the modular top as a build option for me either

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question, forgive me: I want a colored top but I am not seeing it as an option for my build (I am going badlands) is the painted top only available on the higher trims or something?
follow up to my stupid question... is the painted top the same as the modular hard top? I like the idea of front row open but back row and cargo area covered? I don't see the modular top as a build option for me either
The painted "modular" top is "late availability... Black later MY21, White MY22... Body-colored on specific trims late MY21.

Only things that are immediately available are in the B&P. Supposedly all the "late availability" options will be visible to your dealer in their system, and you can select that as part of your order, and your order will be delayed until those items become available.

Ford Bronco Painted vs Moulded Top Top Differences

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All painted tops are late availability at this point and so they aren't yet showing on the build and price tool.

BWS_TX

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The painted top is the modular hard top. Ford came out and said only MIC initially. Painted will be available for the MY22. They are trying to simplify the build process for '21 given the number of orders.

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The painted "modular" top is "late availability... Black later MY21, White MY22... Body-colored on specific trims late MY21.

Only things that are immediately available are in the B&P. Supposedly all the "late availability" options will be visible to your dealer in their system, and you can select that as part of your order, and your order will be delayed until those items become available.

Ford Bronco Painted vs Moulded Top Top Differences
Ok thank you, this works for me as I'm pretty sure I want mansquatch, and I'm a late reservation anyway. Plus I'm struggling on which color to choose so getting a late build would allow me to see some on the road before I take delivery

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Colored and modular top is the same. It is currently unavailable and is not reflected in the B&P. Unsure whether it will be available in the Dealer Order Guide when we order, but regardless Ford has stated it will be a late availability for delivery next year, much in the same way as the Manual Sasquatch.

If you want to receive your Bronco early, you are going to have to accept either a soft top (4 door) or the MIC (molded in color - not sure where the term moulded comes from unless the OP is British).

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But I can paint the MIC top any color I choose after taking delivery correct?
Sponsored