First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I want to paint my Badlands grille gloss black like an FE or Wildtrak. The dealer paint facility is hesitant to paint it because the previous one they painted ended up chipping and spider-webbing.

Has anyone here painted a Badlands grille? If so, did you have any issues with the paint adhering correctly or any other issues?

Thanks
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to paint my Badlands grille gloss black like an FE or Wildtrak. The dealer paint facility is hesitant to paint it because the previous one they painted ended up chipping and spider-webbing.

Has anyone here painted a Badlands grille? If so, did you have any issues with the paint adhering correctly or any other issues?

Thanks
Any competent shop should easily be able to paint it. I’d get an estimate from somewhere else. I just had a new Wildtrak grille painted for mine because of a small run in with a deer. Turned out perfectly fine.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are gloss black replicas (made in China) on Amazon, cant be to much more cost than painting.

That or post an add in the "want to trade" section. The Badlands and Wildtrak grills seem to be in high-demand around here...Just some food for thought, and would save the hassle of paint that is going to chip from debris and rocks down the road anyway.

OP
OP

BBoyM3

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What about the camera housing? Can the camera be removed from it's housing to be painted gloss black as well?

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the camera housing? Can the camera be removed from it's housing to be painted gloss black as well?
Yes it can be removed. Once you take off the grill and rear air deflector (plastic piece behind grill), the camera housing will pull right off.
Sponsored