Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22Bronco Badlands (Honcho) '09 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone painted their front grille in this fasion where the outer edge is the body color? Thinking about breaking up all the gray on my carbonized gray Badlands but was interested to see if there were any examples out there.

Ford Bronco Painting the Front Grille an Accent Color on Carbonized Gray Bronco 1663267153514

My current grille
Ford Bronco Painting the Front Grille an Accent Color on Carbonized Gray Bronco 1663267401778
Sponsored

Last edited:

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
gerby151

gerby151

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diy-budget-heritage-grill-w-ford-lettering.48342/

That guy did. I think it looks great! I'm going to wait until my 2 dr is delivered in November and do it to mine. Didn't want to have it done to my 4dr since I'm only going to have it 2 months before I trade her in
Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the one's on the forum. I have looked at that one and it looks awesome. I wonder if anyone has tried it with carbonized gray and what accent color they used. Black comes to mind but I wonder if a silver or even spray on chrome (similar to what Counts Kustoms did Cosmichrome | The Most Advanced Spray Chrome Paint System ). Just looking for options/opinions

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the one's on the forum. I have looked at that one and it looks awesome. I wonder if anyone has tried it with carbonized gray and what accent color they used. Black comes to mind but I wonder if a silver or even spray on chrome (similar to what Counts Kustoms did Cosmichrome | The Most Advanced Spray Chrome Paint System ). Just looking for options/opinions

My buddy did that cosmic chrome spray on his wheels. He drives a big dually and I gotta say the pimped out dually thing isn't me but they look awesome. They're like 24" rims or something! Good luck with your grill. I think breaking it up is a great idea

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did mine.
Sprayed the whole thing grey again (Galaxy Grey, similar to MIC grey but metallic), masked off and painted the outer portion Race Red, added a bit of shadow with some over-reduced black and an airbrush, several coats of clear.

The Cosmichrome is expensive as can be.
There are "alternative" basecoat-type of spray systems you can apply with a standard HVPL or conventional spray gun, but they are not "true" chrome look. There is reflection, but not chrome-level clarity. And they are difficult to apply and get great results.
I painted the grille, door handles, mirrors with it on a 68 Galaxie. Looks more chrome-like than silver, and a decent look overall for accessories. But not easy to deal with, at least in the absence of a climate-controlled downdraft paint booth.
Ford Bronco Painting the Front Grille an Accent Color on Carbonized Gray Bronco A29220A4-A36E-47A5-81F4-FC8EF250DFF9

Ford Bronco Painting the Front Grille an Accent Color on Carbonized Gray Bronco A2FF66C9-0F5E-47AE-AE0D-40E39BCBF4FA

Ford Bronco Painting the Front Grille an Accent Color on Carbonized Gray Bronco F0EF9B7C-124E-4D7F-BE27-3F860780FFDF

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

None are mine but here's a few.

Ford Bronco Painting the Front Grille an Accent Color on Carbonized Gray Bronco 19ECC075-DA0C-480B-BF8B-A9830DC43D79

Ford Bronco Painting the Front Grille an Accent Color on Carbonized Gray Bronco E6073F4D-42D1-4878-A754-C7B645613B93

Ford Bronco Painting the Front Grille an Accent Color on Carbonized Gray Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco Pope Francis Center-First Edition_01

Tito

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1971, 1966, 1973, 2022 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those look great!

OP
OP
gerby151

gerby151

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow these look great..like the idea. Not sure if you can easily match EG I’ll see when I get it
Sponsored