Sponsored

Painting the windshield frame Shadow Black...

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A thought swimming around in my head since I'm waiting for the black modular top is to paint the windshield frame Shadow Black to match. All black above the beltline is an old visual trick to create a "roadster" look. As seen on the Sport below. The other way I'm leaning is to paint the roof above the top of the windows body color and leave the B,C, and D pillars black. The "floating roof" look.

Ford Bronco Painting the windshield frame Shadow Black... FB_IMG_1606510008916
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You can probably just wrap the windshield header in black vinyl and see if you like the look. As for the floating roof, Ford kinda messed up that look with the offset front hatches/panels but I think someone photoshopped a example of it.

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A thought swimming around in my head since I'm waiting for the black modular top is to paint the windshield frame Shadow Black to match. All black above the beltline is an old visual trick to create a "roadster" look. As seen on the Sport below. The other way I'm leaning is to paint the roof above the top of the windows body color and leave the B,C, and D pillars black. The "floating roof" look.

Ford Bronco Painting the windshield frame Shadow Black... 1606514286763
It looks like I am going shadow black as well and looking to try and make a blacked out bronco as well. Will have to stay in touch with you to compare notes.

OP
OP
lobbs611

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick Photoshop of what I think you are considering.

Ford Bronco Painting the windshield frame Shadow Black... 1606514286763
Glossy Shadow Black to go with the Shadow Black modular top but yes that's one of the looks I'm considering.

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good with the roof on since it will blend but might look odd with the roof off. Keep that in mind.

Eh maybe not. Who knows

OP
OP
lobbs611

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good with the roof on since it will blend but might look odd with the roof off. Keep that in mind.

Eh maybe not. Who knows
That concern is what has me thinking about the floating roof look too. It would carry the color back from the windshield frame to the rear of the truck. I'm probably in the minority but I'm not a fan of the removable roof looking like it's obviously a separate piece. I want a more integrated look. Whether that's adding more black to the truck itself, a mix of body color and black on the top or a fully body colored top.

Deleted member 3063

Eh maybe not. Who knows
Yep, black windshield frame and body colored roll cage, yikes.

OP
OP
lobbs611

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, black windshield frame and body colored roll cage, yikes.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the body colored roll cage. Getting it to black would also be in the plan regardless of what I do with the top.
Sponsored