Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Painting Trail Sights 20D6E7E1-FB9E-4227-94AF-1DD14BDD9EC7

Just finished putting the clear coat on my Ford emblem mod. Haven’t put it in full sun yet but I think the automotive touchup AMB is pretty close after High gloss clear coat. Was definitely nervous before the CC went on. I think I’m going to paint my TS AMB too
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

20D6E7E1-FB9E-4227-94AF-1DD14BDD9EC7.jpeg

Just finished putting the clear coat on my Ford emblem mod. Haven’t put it in full sun yet but I think the automotive touchup AMB is pretty close after High gloss clear coat. Was definitely nervous before the CC went on. I think I’m going to paint my TS AMB too
Now I’m curious is that the tailgate emblem? Does it come apart or did you order a new one? It bothers me that the emblems are the only chrome on my bronco and that needs to change.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoneyRoads

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I’m curious is that the tailgate emblem? Does it come apart or did you order a new one? It bothers me that the emblems are the only chrome in my bronco and that needs to change.
That is the original emblem. It is held in with two plastic tabs and 3m tape. Not the easiest to take off with the tab but I put the emblem back together with plastic weld and put it back on as a whole with 3M tape. All chrome is gone for me now

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering if anyone has figured the best way to paint these trail sights? I had a person at a body shop say it might not be doable because the inside is too rough and the paint may not stick?

Any thoughts or experience on this?

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked my dealer to replace my trail sight bolts due to the rust issue, and it turns out they are forced to replace the entire trail sight assembly, so I’ll end up with a spare set. I thought about painting one of the sets to swap out and see what it looks like. I’ll try to remember to post an update if/when the parts show up from Ford.
Sponsored