Sponsored

Panda Motorworks BPV Delete Kit for 2.7L!

Mitch Panda Motorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2014 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since we've released our BPV delete kit for 2.3L we've been getting tons of questions on whether or not it will work for the 2.7L, and we confirmed that it DOES in fact fit! This product isn't for everyone but if you are looking for some more blow-off noise this is a cheap, effective way of doing so!

If you're curious about what our BPV Delete is or want to learn more, check out the video below!

If you are looking to pick up a kit, click this link--->https://www.pandamotorworks.com/pro...-ford-bronco-2-7l?_pos=1&_sid=54e241750&_ss=r

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Too much music in the background. Could not hear anything. How about a before and after sound bite?

OP
OP
Mitch Panda Motorworks

Mitch Panda Motorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2014 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Too much music in the background. Could not hear anything. How about a before and after sound bite?
Here is a sound clip of the raw audio. Keep in mind this is the 2.3L, but you'll get a similar effect on the 2.7L

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh yes — venting to atmosphere on an engine that really benefits from not wasting all that boost it built up.

While blow off sounds cool, it’s important to note that this will negatively affect your mileage, performance, and warranty. Installing blow off valves on Focus RS 2.3L’s was common, but the real mod folks were doing to their BPVs was replacing them with beefier aluminum ones from mountune to prevent failure at higher boost.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ahh yes — venting to atmosphere on an engine that really benefits from not wasting all that boost it built up.

While blow off sounds cool, it’s important to note that this will negatively affect your mileage, performance, and warranty. Installing blow off valves on Focus RS 2.3L’s was common, but the real mod folks were doing to their BPVs was replacing them with beefier aluminum ones from mountune to prevent failure at higher boost.

This will not hurt mileage performance, or void a warranty. Its a stock part just took the hose off. If you are that worried then put it back on before going in.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love that animal/insect hanging on for the ride! lol

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will not hurt mileage performance, or void a warranty. Its a stock part just took the hose off. If you are that worried then put it back on before going in.
To be clear, I'm not "worried" about mileage, performance, or warranty voiding. My Focus RS has plenty of modifications done to it that could affect all of those.

Do you have any sort of metrics that show venting to atmosphere, and completely disabling the recirculation of that excess boost pressure does not harm mileage or performance? In BPV/recirc applications like this, venting to atmosphere means the engine has to re-build all of that boost when you level off the throttle to shift, or maintain a given speed. The BPV/recirc system is a huge component of the anti-lag system, at least for other 2.3L ecoboost applications.

Last edited:

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be clear, I'm not "worried" about mileage, performance, or warranty voiding. My Focus RS has plenty of modifications done to it that could affect all of those.

Do you have any sort of metrics that show venting to atmosphere, and completely disabling the recirculation of that excess boost pressure does not harm mileage or performance? In BPV/recirc applications like this, venting to atmosphere means the engine has to re-build all of that boost when you level off the throttle to shift, or maintain a given speed. The BPV/recirc system is a huge component of the anti-lag system, at least for other 2.3L ecoboost applications.
The car does not have a anti lag system on it if we are talking about a Focus RS. The only thing that keeps the RS from not loosing boost is with a tune and Flat Foot Shifting. Regardless of BPV or BOV the car will still loose boost unless tuned. These cars being MAP based vs MAF based means this will have no negative effect on your fueling or boost curve aka not loosing any performance or millage.

The truth is factory uses a BPV for EPA & answering the consumers questions on why their car makes a weird noise.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The car does not have a anti lag system on it if we are talking about a Focus RS. The only thing that keeps the RS from not loosing boost is with a tune and Flat Foot Shifting. Regardless of BPV or BOV the car will still loose boost unless tuned. These cars being MAP based vs MAF based means this will have no negative effect on your fueling or boost curve aka not loosing any performance or millage.

The truth is factory uses a BPV for EPA & answering the consumers questions on why their car makes a weird noise.
Listen... I'm kinda retarded... Lag? My 2.7 has a bov.. When I let off the gas and it hisses at me then push again there is a lul in response. That what you mean? And I thought a bov was good so all that hot unused air isn't reused.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Listen... I'm kinda retarded... Lag? My 2.7 has a bov.. When I let off the gas and it hisses at me then push again there is a lul in response. That what you mean? And I thought a bov was good so all that hot unused air isn't reused.

Upgrading to a full replacement has its benefits and extra protection! If you just want a little more sound this $5 mod is perfect!

Sponsored

05TreeFiddy

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs